14t bailer adjustment

/ 14t bailer adjustment #1  

walkerscreek

Tractor
john deere b
i need to adjust the length of the tail on one side any ideas on where to start. it ties great but the tail is 1/4inch long and sometimes slips the knot, what a pain.

/ 14t bailer adjustment #3  
i need to adjust the length of the tail on one side any ideas on where to start. it ties great but the tail is 1/4inch long and sometimes slips the knot, what a pain.

I don't understand what you mean by "tail". Are you describing the length of the twine hanging off the completed knot, the amount of twist in the wire tie overlap or the length of the frame tongue?

Post a picture of the problem.

/ 14t bailer adjustment
the tail on the finished knot. the right side the tail is about 1inch the left is only about 1/4inch. which the left is the problem

/ 14t bailer adjustment
i am going to pull it down out of the barn now and i will take a look at the knife and arm. i will keep u posted

/ 14t bailer adjustment
the twine knife arm is bent slightly. you think i can heat it up and bend it back

/ 14t bailer adjustment #7  
Be very careful if you elect to heat and bend. The wiper part of the arm still needs to make hard contact with the bill hook or it will not tie.

/ 14t bailer adjustment #8  
The wiper arm is made of malleable iron. Book says to bend it slowly and carefully. There is a tool made for adjusting the shape of the arm by simply bending it without removing it from the knoteer frame.

/ 14t bailer adjustment
ok i got the arm bent around, a little scary but it did move. i also adjusted the twine plate spring a little tighter and all seems well. does anyone know of a graveyard for these things on the east coast?

/ 14t bailer adjustment #10  
ok i got the arm bent around, a little scary but it did move. i also adjusted the twine plate spring a little tighter and all seems well. does anyone know of a graveyard for these things on the east coast?

You can sometimes find vintage baler parts on eBay. The sellers usually are parting out a machine. Contact them for a specific part. Watch you local Craigslist for stuff, too