IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #1  

strongstockfarm

Tractor
iH 108$
I have an IH 1086 that will run away after about 30 mins of running. Whether the TA is in high or low range, after about 30 mins the transmission will not hold me back going down a hill and it will free wheel and get out of control fast. The brakes also do not work at this point. The point being about the time the hydraulic would get warm. Ive been told brakes, new hydraulic clutch. I changed te filters and that did not help. any help on diagnosing would be appreciated. - Stuart

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #2  
Is you TA applied when gong down hill?

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #3  
You have problems within the multiple control valve low pressure system. A single pump supplies oil to the TA, steering and brakes, and it is not for some reason. Time to buy a service manual and pressure gauge, or hire somebody that knows these tractors.

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #4  
I have a 706 that is just starting to have a problem after 20 years of just mowing. It pulls fine up hill but going down hill it free wheels. The TA also stopped working. The fluid shows air bubbles on stick. I changed the filter and thought I got the air out by moving the controls and the steering . The fluid have a little milk look to it.
Andy

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #5  
You have problems within the multiple control valve low pressure system. A single pump supplies oil to the TA, steering and brakes, and it is not for some reason. Time to buy a service manual and pressure gauge, or hire somebody that knows these tractors.
I agree.. These tractors aren't for the faint of heart. When they get hydro problems they get hydro problems !!!!

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #6  

Wise advice to live by! (or live longer)

/ IH 1086 - Running Away / free wheeling / brakes problem #7  
I was taught to never use TA down hills...it would just free wheel....now...that was on a farmall 460.