TC29DA BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON WHILE USING, SHUT DOWN AND NOW BLOWING FUSE

/ TC29DA BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON WHILE USING, SHUT DOWN AND NOW BLOWING FUSE #1  

bmarcom

Tractor
New Holland TC29DA
My TC29DA was running just fine, moving some dirt with bucket...battery light came on and lost all my gauges, I shut it down and now it will not start. I had a similar issue months back and turned out to be battery terminal. Fuse is 15amp third one from bottom. As soon as I turn key on to warm glow plugs....bam! fuse pops. Blinkers work, flashers work.....any ideas? I am thinking it could be ignition switch? It has been dragging, I have to make sure to turn it back a bit, otherwise it will run the starter...

/ TC29DA BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON WHILE USING, SHUT DOWN AND NOW BLOWING FUSE #2  
Definitely replace the switch first. Those cheap plastic switches suck. I've chased too many problems that could have been fixed quickly by replacing the switch that was already marginal.

Brian

/ TC29DA BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON WHILE USING, SHUT DOWN AND NOW BLOWING FUSE
Correction: The fuse that keeps blowing it fuse #2, shows to be Aux lights and power outlet. Looking at the schematic, is this tied to glow plug power relay and/or the ignition switch? Headed to get ignition switch this am.

Bryan

Well.....no luck today! Its still blowing fuse 6 , number two slot from bottom. I can hear glow plug circuit relay fire, but the instant I turn key on, it blows fuse 6. Need some ideas....not having my tractor running is like being half naked!!!!

Glad to report tractor is back running! found aux light circuit on rear harness was shorted to ground. Also, blown fuse for instrument panel. Replaced ip fuse and disconnected aux lights on ROP and all is good! These tractors are buried in wiring harnesses and relays! So, in short, check all fuses and make sure you have your schematics!!!!