John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move

/ John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move #1  

Dundonald

Tractor
John Deere 4520
My John Deere 4520 shut down while running mower with PTO. The engine will start but shuts down when gear engaged or PTO engaged. Provides Error Code nEutOF

/ John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move #2  
My John Deere 4520 shut down while running mower with PTO. The engine will start but shuts down when gear engaged or PTO engaged. Provides Error Code nEutOF

Do you have a 4520 or a 5420 ? my 4520 Doesn't have this type error codes. my book OMLVU17927 J5
I've located in operators book the error code printed in by ink.
Page 19 and it is testing the Rear PTO knob section.
Wish this will help. The with cab model Move PTO lever to rearward pos. for rear PTO and put pto in engaged/on position engine must not start.
without cab .pull the rear PTO knob to the engaged/on pos.
so you must have a front or rear pto selector in engage position or out of correct pos.

ken

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move
I have a 4520 and this error code is not listed and it states to contack John deeere Dealer. I believe it got low in Transmission fluid due to a leak in a fitting some time recently and I did not check until I had the problem today. I have added transmission fluid and still have the same problem and I will contact the John Deere dealer tomorrow. When I find the answer I will post it for others. It is annoying that they will provide error codes without listing them in the operators manual.

/ John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move #4  
I have a 4520 and this error code is not listed and it states to contack John deeere Dealer. I believe it got low in Transmission fluid due to a leak in a fitting some time recently and I did not check until I had the problem today. I have added transmission fluid and still have the same problem and I will contact the John Deere dealer tomorrow. When I find the answer I will post it for others. It is annoying that they will provide error codes without listing them in the operators manual.[/QUOTE

Each added on function will have more codes and I think this is basic tractor code listed.
Mine is a power reverser. open platform type if cab there would be more .
ken

/ John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move
The problem has been solved. There was a broken wire in the two wire harness running from the seat safety switch down the back and plugging into another harness. No explanation for this broken wire as it was about 2 feet away from seat and only discovered by opening up the plastic wire loom. Burr connected broken wire and all is well. Problem area discovered by tracing for continuity with ohmeter. Initially the friend who found the problem checked all connectors etc. and then followed the wiring....Eddie

/ John Deere 4520 runs but won`t move #6  
The problem has been solved. There was a broken wire in the two wire harness running from the seat safety switch down the back and plugging into another harness. No explanation for this broken wire as it was about 2 feet away from seat and only discovered by opening up the plastic wire loom. Burr connected broken wire and all is well. Problem area discovered by tracing for continuity with ohmeter. Initially the friend who found the problem checked all connectors etc. and then followed the wiring....Eddie

On Mine the ROP lights get hit by tree branches and loosen bulb then gives me error codes of (Left turn sig. failure)so stop go to book and then correct error. Wish listed on panel easier to decide if needing correction or continue. The fuel level is always in low fuel also. use a long paint stick for accurite measure.
Good you located the problem safety switches cause aggravation sometimes.
ken