Shut Off Valve on Carburetor

/ Shut Off Valve on Carburetor #1  

broncobilly69

Tractor
IH 424
I just had to replace the carb on my IH 424 due to a crack in the housing. the used replacement carb I found doesn't have the electric fuel shut off solenoid on it, it just has an adjustable main needle. Anybody know how to properly adjust this or have any input if I should swap my solenoid over to replacement carb. Even with the old carb and shut off solenoid the tractor dieseled on occasion when I turned it off. It seems to do it a bit more with this carb on it.
What do you guys think?

/ Shut Off Valve on Carburetor #2  
You adjust the needle so that the engine runs good and smooth at high speed under load and has good power without blowing any black smoke. "Check" the adjustments by closing the choke slightly while hot and under load- the tractor should try to cough and blow black smoke when you have the choke 1/3 to 1/2 closed. If the tractor runs smoother as you choke it, then the mix is too lean and you need to retract (unscrew) the needle a bit.

Allowing the engine to idle/cool for 30 seconds before you shut it down will help with the dieseling.

/ Shut Off Valve on Carburetor
Thanks KYEric, I'll get her adjusted see how she does with a little idle/cool down time.