Help needed for BH9000 stabilizer cylinder dissassembly

/ Help needed for BH9000 stabilizer cylinder dissassembly #1  

ZCowboy001

Tractor
2005 Kubota L3130
Hi,

I have a stabilizer cylinder that droops when it's stored up and it looses pressure when there's down pressure on it when working. I got the seal kit but am stumped at how to take the cylinder apart.

I can spin the spanner nut with a punch and hammer, but it doesn't come out (at least 5 or 6 rotations). I can't seem to find online instructions on this dissassembly. Please help!

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• BH9000 stabilizer cylinder parts diagram.gif
    BH9000 stabilizer cylinder parts diagram.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 81
   / Help needed for BH9000 stabilizer cylinder dissassembly #2  
Use a spanner wrench in the gland (part #5) to keep it from rotating while you spin the nut (#4) off. Drive the gland down into the barrel enough to expose the snap ring (#3B). Ramove the snap ring and withdraw the rod, piston and gland from the barrel.

/ Help needed for BH9000 stabilizer cylinder dissassembly
Thank you, RickB, for such a quick response.... However, I don't see any holes on the gland (part #5) in which to engage the spanner wrench..... Is there something I am missing?....

Thanks, again, for your assistance.

/ Help needed for BH9000 stabilizer cylinder dissassembly #4  
Try to loosen the nut- if the whole gland assembly spins, then there is likely some other simple trick to keeping that part stationary. Perhaps there is a slot/notch in the back of the gland that will engage with an ear of the piston when the rod is fully extended.

I will try that next. Thank you for your help.

/ Help needed for BH9000 stabilizer cylinder dissassembly #6  
Thank you, RickB, for such a quick response.... However, I don't see any holes on the gland (part #5) in which to engage the spanner wrench..... Is there something I am missing?....

Thanks, again, for your assistance.

I thought that your photo #1 showed a drilling on the face of the gland. After loading the photo to see a larger view, I see that it is merely a chip in the paint. Worse comes to worse, split the nut with a sharp chisel at one of the notches. You might want to price a replacement prior to choosing that option.
You could try fully extending the cylinder, forcing the piston against the gland to keep it from rotating. Given the piston seal leakage, you may to hold the control lever in the stroked position and let the system deadhead against relief BRIEFLY.

Finally got to tackle the job after getting my new spanner wrench...... It took quite a few turns to get spanner ring to dislodge it from the gland. Didn't have any hidden tricks, just a few more turns than I had expected. After that, as RickB correctly stated, pushed the gland in, removed the retaining ring, and presto!

Thanks again to all.... Now I can to dig holes and cover them up again! :)

Sincerely,
Z.