Please help, clutch slips in low range but not in high range

/ Please help, clutch slips in low range but not in high range #1  

speedfreakracing

Tractor
1983 White Iseki 2-35 Field boss
Hello all,
I have a 1983 White Iseki 2-35 field boss tractor that i recently acquired. The tractor runs and shifts fine in high range with plenty of power. It will overrride the brakes at an idle in gear when in high range also (lugs if you really apply the brakes with no clutch slip really evident). The problem I'm having is that in low range it barely moves in any of the 4 gears or reverse and revs up like a clutch slip. Everything I've found and heard a clutch issue usually slips in high range and will be ok in low range for a little while until the clutch completely goes. I'm not sure if I have a clutch issue or not. There are no noises or anything abnormal from the transmission when it is in low range. Any ideas? The clutch pedal free play is about 2-3 inches right now. My neighbor though it might just be a clutch adjustment issue. This is my first 2 stage clutch tractor. All of my others were a lot older. Thanks in advance.

/ Please help, clutch slips in low range but not in high range
I was wondering if this would be normal? I find it weird that it doesn't have a lot of torque in low range like a vehicle in 4x4 low. I'm going to try to pull something in low range to see if it will do it.

/ Please help, clutch slips in low range but not in high range #3  
When you say "barely moves" do you mean you could stop it by putting your feet down? If so maybe just oil friction in the gearbox putting a bit of pressure on the final drive. In that case, either your range shifter is not engaging the low gearset, or something is broken in that range.
If it does move, just slipping, you've got an odd problem. As you say, the clutch sees more resistance in higher ranges, and is more likely to slip then. Let us know.
Jim