PTO safety guard replacement

/ PTO safety guard replacement #1  

Bamacummins

Bronze Member
Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement plastic shroud that covers the pto shaft? TSC and others seem to only sell the whole unit. Bought a used tiller that sit outside some and the plastic housing is broken.

/ PTO safety guard replacement #2  
I tried finding one and gave up...

/ PTO safety guard replacement #3  
Check Agri-Supply (agrisupply.com) & search for "PTO shield". You should get a 4 page result (97 items). They have individual parts (shaft covers, cones, clips, etc) for different styles & various complete replacement shield sets (typically $45 - $65). Most of their PTO's & parts are for EuroCardan, but you might be able to match a size equivalent to yours if it is something else.

Folks I've talked with at the local store (Garner NC) have invariably been helpful. I would imagine they'd be able to find something you could use.

Nick

/ PTO safety guard replacement #4  
G'day if you have a Bare Co supplier available to you then they have 4 different covers avail ( 2 sizes in 2 lengths) and each cover comes with an assortment of bushes to suit most shafts, and the beauty of these is the lever release system make greasing and fitting nice and easy
Check out their website they even have a little movie on them!!

Jon

/ PTO safety guard replacement #5  
my tsc sells the plastic shrouds..

/ PTO safety guard replacement #6  
The Tiger power pto gen that I just bought, had a cable inside the pto shaft to keep it from coming all the way apart. The PO told me there was a problem with the shaft, it was jammed on that cable, and the plastic safety cover on the male tube end of the shaft is shot. Got the cable out, wire brushed all the rust off, applied neversieze and alls well, except I'd like to replace the safety cover. The only markings I can find on it, is SC26 molded into the plastic. Any idea what this means? Size? where can I find the replacement parts?