replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #1  

2manyrocks

Any suggestions how to replace one of the hydraulic hoses going through a fabric sleeve, behind the support arm for the ROPS, and through a 90 degree turn? If the ROPS support weren't in the way, I'd disconnect all the hoses, at the loader control, pull the sleeve and hoses out of the 90 degree turn. Then I'd pull my new hose through the sleeve, bend the whole thing back through that 90 degree turn and reconnect all the hoses.

Surely this wasn't designed so I'd have to remove the ROPS to change a hose?

Attachments

• loader.JPG
    loader.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 229
   / replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #2  
Looks like a tight bend but the only way to do it is unhook the hose from both ends and snake the sleeve and hose out, remove the bad hose,snake it back into the sleeve and pull the whole thing back thru. Some ty-raps are in order to keep the sleeve in place while pulling. I would likely look at hooking the new line up to the control valve if that is it in Red in the photo. It may be a B***h getting it on with that sharp bend .

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #3  
i just had to repalce a hose on my backhoe that was similarly warded. hose went to a L shaped metal line.. I ended up having to remov ethe metal line and hose as an assy from the spool to get it snaked out.. then put the metal line back, and repalce the hose, snaking it back thru it's fabric cover.

i tell ya.. it took me an hour to get it off.. and 5 minutes to put back on.

don't that just beat all? :)

good luck!

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot
I called the factory and they said I've got to pull the lines out of that 90 degree, pull the new line, and then put them all back. They also said it can be done without removing the ROPS.

It wouldn't be hard if they hadn't put that ROPS bracket where they did.

Seems to be universal agreement there's no easy way.

After resting a bit and collecting my thoughts, I was able to pull the hoses out of that 90 turn, snake the new line through the fabric, and then stuff them all back in the turn.

Thanks for the replies. They were just what I needed in time to get this job done.

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #6  
Glad to hear that you got it repaired.

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #7  
Glad you got it done. It looks like the male portion of that bracket was going to be in the way even if you removed the whole canopy. Plenty of designs don't favor the mechanic...
Jim

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #8  
Jimmy's last sentence is right...... "Plenty of designs don't favor the mechanic..." It's mostly about the profit of the manufacturer.

/ replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot #9  
Jimmy's last sentence is right...... "Plenty of designs don't favor the mechanic..." It's mostly about the profit of the manufacturer.

that's for sure.

the longer it takes to repalce a part.. the longer they can bill you for!

I'm not an expert on these Terramites, but from what I've seen I'm guessing they came with the rear mounted ROPS at first and then added the front supports later. I'm also guessing they have used this basic design for quite a while, too, and it was certainly easy to get at those hoses when the only had the rear ROPS supports. So I think it just evolved to what it is.

I will say that I received quick and courteous help from Terramite when I asked their service dept. about how to change the hose.

But you guys really helped me, too, by confirming that I was going to have to pull those other hoses to put in the new one. Thanks again.