Elite Member

Default replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot

Any suggestions how to replace one of the hydraulic hoses going through a fabric sleeve, behind the support arm for the ROPS, and through a 90 degree turn? If the ROPS support weren't in the way, I'd disconnect all the hoses, at the loader control, pull the sleeve and hoses out of the 90 degree turn. Then I'd pull my new hose through the sleeve, bend the whole thing back through that 90 degree turn and reconnect all the hoses.

Surely this wasn't designed so I'd have to remove the ROPS to change a hose?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -loader-jpg  

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: replacing hyd hose on loader in tight spot

Looks like a tight bend but the only way to do it is unhook the hose from both ends and snake the sleeve and hose out, remove the bad hose,snake it back into the sleeve and pull the whole thing back thru. Some ty-raps are in order to keep the sleeve in place while pulling. I would likely look at hooking the new line up to the control valve if that is it in Red in the photo. It may be a B***h getting it on with that sharp bend .
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i just had to repalce a hose on my backhoe that was similarly warded. hose went to a L shaped metal line.. I ended up having to remov ethe metal line and hose as an assy from the spool to get it snaked out.. then put the metal line back, and repalce the hose, snaking it back thru it's fabric cover.

i tell ya.. it took me an hour to get it off.. and 5 minutes to put back on.

don't that just beat all?

good luck!

Elite Member

I called the factory and they said I've got to pull the lines out of that 90 degree, pull the new line, and then put them all back. They also said it can be done without removing the ROPS.

It wouldn't be hard if they hadn't put that ROPS bracket where they did.

Seems to be universal agreement there's no easy way.

Elite Member

After resting a bit and collecting my thoughts, I was able to pull the hoses out of that 90 turn, snake the new line through the fabric, and then stuff them all back in the turn.

Thanks for the replies. They were just what I needed in time to get this job done.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Glad to hear that you got it repaired.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

Glad you got it done. It looks like the male portion of that bracket was going to be in the way even if you removed the whole canopy. Plenty of designs don't favor the mechanic...
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West

Tractor
    1999 Bobcat 763F

Jimmy's last sentence is right...... "Plenty of designs don't favor the mechanic..." It's mostly about the profit of the manufacturer.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
    Jimmy's last sentence is right...... "Plenty of designs don't favor the mechanic..." It's mostly about the profit of the manufacturer.

that's for sure.

the longer it takes to repalce a part.. the longer they can bill you for!

Elite Member

I'm not an expert on these Terramites, but from what I've seen I'm guessing they came with the rear mounted ROPS at first and then added the front supports later. I'm also guessing they have used this basic design for quite a while, too, and it was certainly easy to get at those hoses when the only had the rear ROPS supports. So I think it just evolved to what it is.

I will say that I received quick and courteous help from Terramite when I asked their service dept. about how to change the hose.

But you guys really helped me, too, by confirming that I was going to have to pull those other hoses to put in the new one. Thanks again.