John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #1  

wmgareyd

Tractor
John Deere 3410
Has anyone ever replaced the hood on a JD 4310. When I bought mine (used from a friend) the hood was badly cracked. While bush hogging the hood just fell apart. Ordered a new hood, fuel door and hood/tank pads and seals. Need to know where to put the new pads (part # LVU10461 & LVU10458). Does anyone have a diagram showing where to place these pads. I know they go somewhere around the fuel door area, but where exactly! Also any tricks on installing the springs that hold the fuel door in place.
Thanks in advance.

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #2  

Attachments

• fuel_door2.JPG
    fuel_door2.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,338
   / John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement
Thanks. I did not notice the outlines on the inside of the hood. I will try it tonight when I get home.

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #4  
When I replaced my hood on the 4610 I left the fuell door & stickers off figured I have to replace the hood again any way
Bought my tractor new fuel door broke of within a year. hood broke within 2.
My tractor is not in any way abused, just used
JD plastic is junk purely simple junk

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #5  
When I replaced my hood on the 4610 I left the fuell
door & stickers off figured I have to replace the hood again any way
Bought my tractor new fuel door broke of within a year. hood broke within 2.

No question the fuel door and the hood's side stickers are optional items for
a finished look. The plastic is very vulnerable to impact, as you found out.
Maybe you should try some hood armor?

Sadly, the prices of the stickers have gone from $16 ea to $24 each after only
two years. I think that JD sells a lot of new hoods.

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #6  
I don't think hood armor would help. The UV ray"s and heat do the damage. It's keep in the shed but I wish they had metal hoods. I can fix and paint metal and fiberglass. Soybeans mashed in the shape of a hood are a different story. For about $2100 It all can be replaced though.

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and put a new fuel door and stickers on the hood just to give it a finished look. But I do have a question. You suggested that I use some "hood armor". I have never hear of "hood armor". What is it and where can it be purchased?

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #8  
John Deere dealer sells it. It's a short piece of metal to cover half the hood, metal mesh guards for head lights, and covers for the hyd. Hoses on the loader. It's a kit to protect you hood from falling debris when useing loader

/ John Deere 4310 Hood Replacement #9  
You suggested that I use some "hood armor". I have
never hear of "hood armor". What is it and where can it be purchased?

Here's a photo from one of my rebuild threads. It is part of the "rental service kit"
you can get from Deere.

The hood armor in the kit is welded to a larger grille guard and weighs maybe 100#.
The part over the hood is 1/8" steel plate. The whole thing pivots out of the way
so you can open your hood.

I made my own armor for my Kioti.

Attachments

• before_2.jpg
    before_2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,217
  • DSCN0220.JPG
    DSCN0220.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 1,146