foton 404 tacho engine hours

/ foton 404 tacho engine hours #1  

yozza

Tractor
foton 404 europard
hi we have a foton 404 and the tacho has stopped working it appears to be electronic (no drive cable) where abouts do i start looking for a loose cable on the engine please
regards Yozza

/ foton 404 tacho engine hours #2  
There is a fuse for the circuit, so check fuses first. There are various connectors (you will have to trace the wire from the motor towards the dash), and finally there is a rotary speed sensor on the motor. It is somewhat unusual for the rotary speed sensor to fail, and since it puts out a digital signal, testing it will require a graphing volt meter or oscilloscope.

/ foton 404 tacho engine hours #3  
hi we have a foton 404 and the tacho has stopped working it appears to be electronic (no drive cable) where abouts do i start looking for a loose cable on the engine please
regards Yozza

The tacho sender if down by your left foot it fits directly into the clutch bellhousing. Just make sure the wires are still connected. Also check the ground from the instrument panel. If you post your problems in the Chines tractor section you will have more luck getting good advice.

/ foton 404 tacho engine hours
many thanks for your reply, i had checked the fuses first, and all seemed well there so i will have to trace the wiring as suggestes by zonta223

thanks for the advice i will start from that area and the grounding of the instrument panel too. you look to have a good collection there in South Australia.

/ foton 404 tacho engine hours #6  
thanks for the advice i will start from that area and the grounding of the instrument panel too. you look to have a good collection there in South Australia.

Well my Foton is new just got it. If you need any info regards manuals on the tractor I will try and help.
As I suggested before its better to ask questions in the Chinese Forum section of this site there are some really great dealers who are only to willing to help with good advice. That tacho sender has to be set up the correct distance from the flywheel if you have no joy with the wiring etc ask again and I will see if I can help.

Well my Foton is new just got it. If you need any info regards manuals on the tractor I will try and help.
As I suggested before its better to ask questions in the Chinese Forum section of this site there are some really great dealers who are only to willing to help with good advice. That tacho sender has to be set up the correct distance from the flywheel if you have no joy with the wiring etc ask again and I will see if I can help.

i will be down at the property tomorrow for fathers day so will have a good look then.
WE do need to chase down a manual for the foton as we bought it 2nd hand. perhaps i should ask on the chinese tractor area

/ foton 404 tacho engine hours #8  
Have you ever replaced the brakes on your 404?