need help.. what did i buy????

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #11  
Looks like a Yanmar engine? Can you get the oil filter number and cross back to aplication. Engine ID tag may be on back side, use a mirror to check.

Dave

/ need help.. what did i buy????
these are the numbers that i could find...
#65514.....on the fuel pump where the injectors come out.
K38, 0.8491, .... on the side of the block itself.

these ser. numbers seem a bit short to me considering im used to mid 60's chevy block numbers. is there a site where i can cross ref. these numbers?

brcina..the guy i got it off used it for work mostly so he did greese it,changed hoses,tracks etc. to keep it goin for his business. but things like pins..welds on the blade..little things here and there he make shifted himself. come winter im stripping her down to see whats really what. plan on keepin it to do all those little jobs around the yard when we start buildin next year. should be kool :)...but first i have to figure out what it is, where to get parts..if any.

Attachments

• mini hoe 001.jpg
    mini hoe 001.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 958
  • mini hoe 002.jpg
    mini hoe 002.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 523
  • mini hoe 003.jpg
    mini hoe 003.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 429
   / need help.. what did i buy???? #13  
65ssimp

it looks like you possibly have an ' nante ' brand mini excavator ,which does in fact have an Yanmar motor in it. it may take some diggin but,I am sure this same motor is used in some of the Yanmar model compact tractors. Here is a link to a newer model of what you have (I think).

0.8t Nt08 Nante Mini Digger With Ce Mark And Yanmar Engine - Buy Mini Digger,Nante Mini Excavators,Mini Crawler Dredge Excavator Product on Alibaba.com

I would start by calling these people ,and see if they have what you need. Since I bought my compact tractor they have been very helpful and friendly with me.
West Kentucky Tractor Parts

West Kentucky Tractor Parts - Kevil, Kentucky

Good Luck

Take Care,
BC

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #14  
Mitsubishi did make a 3 cyl engine in 1986-1990 that was 849 cc with the #K3B in your pic the 8 below the K3? does look different.
Edit sent before finished.

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #15  
I have an 86 mitsubishi 2 cly in my toro groundsmaster.

Try Jacks small engines, they have some links to parts diagrams that are helpful. Their prices on parts are pretty good as well.

whoo..very kool! thanks guys. nice to be heading in some sort of direction. are Yanmar engines part specific or are there other parts from different manufactors that will bolt up? looks like i got some digging (pun not intended!) to do.. thanks again

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #17  
65ssimp,

After looking closer at the pics you provided,I think your unit does in fact have the K3B Misubishi motor.
The link(s) i provided in my above post was showing what appears to be the same unit as yours (only newer) using an yanmar motor.
Have a look at this link,,,look at the available replacement parts here,,scroll to the bottom,,and see if the water pump gasket appears to be the same shape as your extracted water pu,p,,on your mini-excavator...

MITSUBISHI ENGINES :: K3B - NCW Tractor Parts & Tractor Supply Store - Compact Tractor Parts

Take Care,
BC

yup it appears to be the same..except mine was made out of silicone. thats good info to have verified. i got some info off the previous owner today. he says its a nissan with a mitsubishi motor so hes probably right,on the engine anyway. ive been trying to find one online thats the same but its seems there not that many pictures out there of it let alone parts breakdown .

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #19  
K3B 0.849L is a Mitsubishi engine, also used in Satoh/Mitsubishi tractors and some forklifts, I would try NAPA or a forklift dealer.

Dave

ps there are several new waterpumps on Ebay

Last edited:
   / need help.. what did i buy???? #20  
Also used in Case tractors too.