need help.. what did i buy????

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #1  

65ssimp

Tractor
nissan ??
hey guys..first time post..and tractor owner. i bought this mini hoe and the previous owner told me it may be a nissan or hyundi. the water pump just calfed out and ill be looking for a new one but dont know where to start. it is a 3 cyl diesel and thats about all i can tell you since the tags are mising. ive tried to find similar ones on the net but cant seem to find one. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mini hoe 010.jpg
    mini hoe 010.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 303
  • mini hoe 011.jpg
    mini hoe 011.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 333
   / need help.. what did i buy???? #2  
There should be a name on the engine. Should also be serial numbers on the engine somewhere.

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #3  
picture of the engine may help. Given its size, I don't think it will be too difficult to identify and find parts for it.

/ need help.. what did i buy????
these are all the pics i have but can get any shot you want. the previous owner was a user and not very interested in maintance,just changed what was broken and kept goin! half the bolts missing...wrong size etc... so i have my work cut out for me. would like to get it back running and use it till fall then do my first "tractor rebuild" over the winter.

Attachments

• mini hoe 008.jpg
    mini hoe 008.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 272
  • mini hoe 007.jpg
    mini hoe 007.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 238
  • mini hoe 012.jpg
    mini hoe 012.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 244
also the only # i found on the block so far were on the side facing me when looking at it...#8808.. if there is another place to look pls let me know. nothing on the body, im sure that was lost 4 paint jobs ago!!

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #8  
these are all the pics i have but can get any shot you want. the previous owner was a user and not very interested in maintance,just changed what was broken and kept goin! half the bolts missing...wrong size etc... so i have my work cut out for me. would like to get it back running and use it till fall then do my first "tractor rebuild" over the winter.

Check the entire engine for numbers.

ImaIcomb....thks for the web site, if i only which pump i had... lol
don87... will go through engine tommorrow and see what i can find

/ need help.. what did i buy???? #10  
65ssimp,

if you can get the waterpump apart ,,without busting the housing,,most bearing places can get the ceramic seals for most any water pump,,with deminsions from vernier calipers. All of the old school bearing warehouses have folded up around were I live due to all the factories folding up.May be same way were you are?

Question. Did they ol boy,,say he DID shut the unit down without getting motor hot,,,when pump was in the leaking stage?

Just a month ago,,our loyal rural road commisioner here was tanked up,,trying to push over tree stumps with an almost new CAT backhoe,,,knocked the oil filter off driving over a tree stump....run the thing till all oil pumped out of the tractor,,and trashed a brand new tractor,,motor..
usually the cowboys that run these pieces dont use a whole lot of finess.
That is a very cool little unit,,that you'll find many excuses to use it,,on,,:)

take Care,
BC