oldman needs help

/ oldman needs help #1  

chrls

Tractor
bx 1800
i have a Kubota BX 1800 i hear this noise ,i found the propeller shaft disconnected.i am 81 a little hard for me to do anything,i thought i had a big problem,but maybe not, as i noticed on end of the shaft it had connecting groves like it fit in a slip on connection,i have the mower on and a little hard for me to commint myself, my question does the front prpeller shaft slip on to the engine,whew then not such a big problem i hope ,how it came off ? 7000hrs no problem maybe never installed right,but i used the tractor in reverse smoothing down a hill,possible hit a rock and disengaged it, another problem boy that husquvarna service nice trimmer lousy service no repair manua; thank you 81 alone retd ships engr sr eng tech fcc lic many schools and i cant figure this out smile thank you

/ oldman needs help #2  
i have a Kubota BX 1800 i hear this noise ,i found the propeller shaft disconnected.i am 81 a little hard for me to do anything,i thought i had a big problem,but maybe not, as i noticed on end of the shaft it had connecting groves like it fit in a slip on connection,i have the mower on and a little hard for me to commint myself, my question does the front prpeller shaft slip on to the engine,whew then not such a big problem i hope ,how it came off ? 7000hrs no problem maybe never installed right,but i used the tractor in reverse smoothing down a hill,possible hit a rock and disengaged it, another problem boy that husquvarna service nice trimmer lousy service no repair manua; thank you 81 alone retd ships engr sr eng tech fcc lic many schools and i cant figure this out smile thank you
Chris, It sounds like your describing the PTO shaft which attaches the tractor implement output at the rear of the tractor to your cutter gearbox. The The PTO shaft has a button near each end that when pressed allows it to be pulled loose from each end. It may have just popped loose. Hopefully nothing damages. There is a Kubota user area here that could help guide you further. I'm only guessing by what you've described. BTW Welcome to TBN from Tennessee. Glad to see your fit to go out and get some seat time at 81. Good luck to you. :thumbsup: -robert

/ oldman needs help
thank you feels great to be in a friendly place, God shined on me today it was the front axle propeller shaft that was disconnected,81 hard to bend done may never get up ,i disconnected it at the front axtell,least i have 2 wheell drive but i would like a spec or pic of the end that attaches to the transmission ,why i just dont see that coupling not even in the manual,i am wondering if that coupling fell of? one thing at a time least i know the problem and got a somewhat drive kubota i took the shaft off its only about a foot long where is that transmission coupling thanks for the message i am ret myself a ships engr of 30+ years lived asia many years. have a great day

/ oldman needs help #4  
You might contact Messicks, they have helped other members with diagrams and such. If something happens to mine, I have to haul it to the dealer, so I can't help.

/ oldman needs help #5  
If it is like the BX 22 it just slides into a u joint and is held in place by a pin. the pin probably broke and fell out. I put a bolt threw mine and it works fine

/ oldman needs help
thank you jim but its the other end i cant see, that looks like a slip on , one day at a time my spring is dryi disconnect the shaft and pin least i got rear wheel drive,great you brought up messicks they are great.i replaced all the injectors ,bypassed the selioid valve with a choke yep messicks thank you

/ oldman needs help #8  
Glad at 81 you are still driving your tractor. Do you have a grandson/daughter or great grandson/daughter that could give you a hand? A helper might be just what you need.