1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work

/ 1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work #1  

Rimkie

Tractor
1969 Ford 3000
Hello All
1967 Ford Gasser 3000
After warming the girl up and getting to work she stalls out like she is out of gas then wont start again. I try to start her she turns over and over but wont catch. First time or two I figured I was low on gas which I was but after a fresh 10 gal she did the same thing.

If I give her a half hour or start her up the next day zero issues again for those 20 min then stalls out again.

Bought her 2 years ago did new plugs wires points condenser cap coil carb gas lines fuel pump regulator.
Coil, plugs pts condensor cap, regulator were Napa
Carb, wires, lines, pump were ford

Machine has fel and backhoe all factory installed so she is heavy and I live in the hills so just driving her around put a load on her.

Mike

/ 1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work #2  
Sounds like vapor lock. Are your gas lines running near anything that gets hot? The gas will get hot and turn into a vapor, and your engine will starve for the gasoline.

/ 1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work
Lines are pre shaped by ford for tractor make. So the line goes exactly where they want it to go no other way to do it. Possible maybe though as the harder i push it (she gets heated up quicker) the less time i get out of her. By your theory if it is gas vaporization and my lines are where they are suppose to be maybe my thermostat is dead and running hotter than it should ... ??

/ 1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work #4  
How about a restriction in the fuel line to the fuel pump? Maximum flow rate would be reduced, tractor would run out of fuel and quit, sooner under heavy load than light load. Check by applying choke when it shuts down and won't restart, or give it a shot of carb cleaner.
Could also be an overheating coil. Check for spark quality after it shuts down and won't start.

/ 1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work
How about a restriction in the fuel line to the fuel pump? Maximum flow rate would be reduced, tractor would run out of fuel and quit, sooner under heavy load than light load. Check by applying choke when it shuts down and won't restart, or give it a shot of carb cleaner.
Could also be an overheating coil. Check for spark quality after it shuts down and won't start.

Hey Horsepuller
Once in a while I can restart it with 1/4 pull of chock. But it will die off after a min of engine chugging. Never gets to smooth idle.
Old timer around corner told me Coil overheating as well. Its new Napa part but not Ford product..

I find it hard to believe its gas line as during that 20-30 min of running hard working zero issues pure power engine just purring. But I could be wrong would not be first time.

Thanks for helping me out
Mike

/ 1967 Ford 3000 Gas Keeps staling out after 20 min of med duty work #6  
I dealt with a nagging problem like that with my 860. My shut-off was gummed up, possibly by its own o-ring. I eventually took the fuel line off at the carb and applied air. It blew out whatever was clogging it, but I eventually just replaced the shut-off itself.

I rerouted fuel and replaced coils along the way... still ended up stalling after reaching a certain temp.