Tractor will not engage in gear

/ Tractor will not engage in gear #1  

JNB

Tractor
2006 New Holland TC40
I have a New Holland TC40. It starts but it will not go into gear. If any of the transmisssion related levers are in neutral, all the gear levers would move. However If I try to engage it out odf neutral, the levers will not move or the gears grate. I sometimes am able to get it to move in low gear but then depressing the clutch does not stop the tractor. I live in Florida and we had a lot of rain recently - it was suggested the moisture may have caused the clutch to rust onto the flywheel. Any idea as to hoe to unstuck the transmission. IT worked fine the last t ime I used it.

/ Tractor will not engage in gear #2  
I would agree the clutch disc is stuck to the flywheel. Usually, just driving it around while varying the engine speed up and down will break it free.
I had the same thing happen on a car. A friend of mine bought a car that had been sitting for over a year. The disc was stuck to the flywheel. We got it started in gear and drove it down the road in first gear, then shifted to second without the clutch. In each gear we were constantly on and off the gas pedal. About a half mile down the road it broke free.

/ Tractor will not engage in gear #3  
The clutch could be worn out or may need adjusting. It could also be stuck. Do like George said run it around and throttle it all the way up and down rapidly with your foot pushing the clutch down. Once you get it free I recommend you use the storage position on the clutch pedal when you are not using. You press the pedal down and there is as hole on the pedal some where and hook goes through it to lock it there. This will prevent the clutch from sticking and prolong your clutches life.

/ Tractor will not engage in gear #4  
Adding on to what others have said also try pushing the brakes as hard as you can while running in gear with the clutch disengauged. Only do this for short bursts not to chew the brakes off.