Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them?

Tim.. If you haven't done so, please check out the news group on Yahoo Power King News group

There is a lot of reference material in the database section and they even have some of the maintenance procedures documented with step-by-step illustrations. You will also find that there are active members that know the PK transmissions inside and out. I believe one of the members has 20 PK tractors.

There are a lot of members and they are very helpful, much like TBN.

I attached a picture of the 1957 that I had (my Uncle driving).

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Need parts - It has 2 Tranny's, and the Reverse is stripped on both (makes it kinda hard to back up - have to use the wide circle method, or the get out and push...), and one of the forward, 3rd gear is gone. Trying to find someplace that I can get them for at less than $200 a gear (they are the most complex gears in there, so it is not totally unjustified). Saw a reference to Olympia Products, in Twinsburg OH - but the phone number I have for them is always busy - even at 3am....
    Anyone know where I can get used (working) parts for something that old?

Tim

FYI... The Yahoo newsgroup that I mentioned in the earlier post has a PK chat room every Thursday and Sunday evening (8:00 PM to about 10:00 PM) where you can talk live with other members if you have a mic on your PC. The last time I joined the chat was about two months ago and they talked about tranmissions most of the evening.

John

Silver Member
    Tractor
    '03 BX22 TLB

Tim, on ebay I just saw a complete tranny from a parts tractor that looks like it may be what you need.. Look for Item # 2331788360. The price is currently $150 and is open for less than 1 day more. check it out, hope it helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12