Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them?

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #1  

Tim_Mi5

This may not be the best place to ask this, but I have an old (1970's) Power King Economy Tractor - 14hp (it's a small toy, but fun), I would like to chase down the maker of the Transmission. The only markings on the Tranny are...
On the Side : T92-1B
WG-DIV
On the Top : T92-148 (or it could be a B)
Also, the closest anything comes to a Logo is a " <font color="red">W </font> " with a circle around it - Looks alot like the VW symbol.
I am hoping I can find some used parts out there someplace...

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #3  
I work for Westinghouse. Their logo is circle w.

Eugene

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #4  
Aaahhaa- something I may be able to help you with. My father has a Power King purchased new in 1972- I remember the day well! His has the taller ag tires and raised ft. end for garden work, it gives it great ground clearance, too. Anyway the " All gear drive" tranny in his is supposedly made by....Crosley!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.I hope this helps, sometimes he looks at this forum, I'll talk to him and see if we can get more info for you. These tractors are really tough, his also has a 14 hp Kohler, we have done EVERYTHING with this tractor, it really is a remarkable machine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #5  
If I remember correctly, I think Crosley was a subsidiary of Westinghouse, or someway connected.

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #6  
I had a 1957 Power King that I sold in November. It was/is a great tractor. The best place to get info on PK tractors is this web site Power King

The members of the PK newsgroup are very knowledgable and helpful.

John

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #7  
Tim_Mi5,
I sold my powerking this spring and if I remember correctly on that unit the trannys were made by Borg Warner. The numbering system sounds correct too. I think mine (an '89 1618) had dual T-93"s(?). WG should stand for Warner Gear Division.
Hope this helps, and good luck.
DaveL

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #8  
I think you hit the nail on the head. I remembered reading about trannies or transfer cases in four by fours (jeeps, I think) that were T-18, or something like that. I was racking my brain about who made them when I read your post.
Doug

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them?
Thanks to everyone's input (and links), I was able to find a scan of a 1973 owners manual - it listed the Transmission & Clutch as a Borg-Warner, engine as a Kohler (which I actually knew, but now I can try to get a manual for that model)
Thanks again! Now I gotta chase down where to get Borg-Warner parts....

/ Tranny for a Power King - Who makes them? #10  
<font color="red"> in four by fours (jeeps, I think) that were T-18, or something like that. I was racking my brain about who made them when I read your post.
</font>

Oh ya! the old T-18. IMHO the best truck trans ever made. Granny low, so you could pull a house down, and about 1000lbs of steel, and cast iron, to withstand any abuce. Got to love it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for the PK, I also heard it was a Crosley, but most car co's did not make there own standerd trans. I would say it was made by BW for crosley.

So, I have to ask? Whats up with it? Need parts, or planing some kind of mods? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif