Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine.

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #1  

jillkohler

Tractor
M6800
My Kubota M6800 starts right up, sounding great, then sputters (at which time accelerator will not change the idle at all) and dies. If it sits awhile after that, then it will usually crank up and run just fine. Anybody got an idea what the problem might be? Jill in Jacksonville, Texas

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #2  
First item I would check is the fuel filter or filters, when is the last time they were changed? It seems to be a fuel issue so start with filters and fresh fuel.
DevilDog

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #3  
I agree with dd1, fuel filters first.
If there is any water in the old filters, then drain the tank and fill with fresh fuel.

BTW, :welcome: to TBN.

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #4  
If fuel filter is not the issue , check the fuel tank for trash , when it dies, check fuel lines for a flat hose . This is a sign of bad hose or trash in tank starving tractor of fuel . Good luck.

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #5  
I once had that problem and it turned out that some crap had accumulated in one of the banjo shaped fittings with the bolt going through it that was part of the fuel line.

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #6  
Sounds like it may be getting air into the fuel system and is forcing it out on the first round of running. I would check for a small fuel leak on the supply side either before or after fuel filter.

/ Kubota starts fine, sputters, dies, then sits awhile, starts and works fine. #7  
next time before starting try to prime the fuel system with the hand primer, is starts and runs fine you either have air in fuel or possible check valve leaking back