lacking information

/ lacking information #1  

JRick56

Tractor
case
Hello all. New to this forum and am looking for some direction to take with a tractor repair.I have fine ability but need info on the tractor which there doesnt seem to be much on the net.I am helping a friend repair a Dig-It 198t and in return i can have a case 444 as payment.However i cant seem to find much info about it out there.Any info would be greatly appreciated like where to search for a repair manual ect. or parts or what other brands might be similar.I do not believe these are in production any more.Again the machine i am trying to fix is a Dig-IT 198t.Thanks in advance for any help.JRick56

/ lacking information #2  
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360456657527

This is for a model 188. They also had an operators manual on EBay for the same model.

I just did a very quick search. From another forum, I found this post:

Dig-It parts
OK, here's the people you need to call if you need parts or info on a Dig-It machine.

They bought the rights to Dig-It from FETERL around 2005 I was told.

http://www.powerkingtractor.com/

Mission Manufacturing | 324 N Brown | Princeton, IN 47670
(877) 262-1191 (TOLL FREE) | (812) 385-5061 | (812) 385-5077 (FAX)

Email: missionmfg@insightbb.com

Seems to be quite a bit of info on the web if the above doesn't pan out. Good luck.

/ lacking information
I have an update for my lack of information on the Dig It 198t tactor/backhoe.It seems that Heartland const. equipment was once the largest dealer for these.I spoke to someone there and was told they can still get everything from the original manufacturers.This is good news to hear.I am going to have them send a service manual first and try to diagnose the issue and then order the right parts needed.As a matter of fact the fellow said they had one in their shop for service right now!We will see how it goes from here. Thanks for all the replies and the welcome aboard notes.JRick56

/ lacking information #4  
G'day while your waiting for your manual to turn up why don't you tell us the probs you have and get the collective brains here going!! We may be able to help

Jon