New Holland L-445 Help Please

/ New Holland L-445 Help Please #1  

MrGym

Tractor
New Holland L445
I have a Sperry New Holland L445 Skid Steer. Sn#546055 I have a couple questions:
1. Can anyone tell me how I can find the year? I posted the SN in case that helps.
2. I replaced the fuel pump (which was an electric fuel pump when I bought it used). i replaced it with one that had the same gpm output. the SS ran fine, for a good while, but I am now having some problems keeping it running. Does anyone have any experience with the fuel pumps in this machine? I saw online that I could buy an electric fuel pump for it, but it was about 141.00, compared to about 1/4 of that price at the auto parts store. But is there a reason that the one from the auto store would not work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

/ New Holland L-445 Help Please #2  
To get a year of the machine call your local dealer with a serial number, have you tried to replace to fuel filters?

/ New Holland L-445 Help Please
Thank you for the reply.
I replaced the filter, when I changed the fuel pump.
One thing I have yet to do is clean or replace the air filter, as I am not sure if it can be cleaned or must be replaced.
Also, I cannot find any specs on this, and everything seems to cost 250.00 and up. Thats a lot of money to invest on guessing at my problem :)
Do you see any reason why a different fuel pump would not work, if it is rated for the same output?
Thank you again.

/ New Holland L-445 Help Please #4  
was the fuel pump you got for diesel fuel? The best thing to with a air filter is to replace get a number off what you got or look on the new holland web site and get a part number and call your local auto parts like napa or carquest and have them cross to one of there filters. Are you sure that the fuel pump is still pumping fuel? if the machine quits have you tried to pull the line off and see if the pump is still pumping fuel or is it just a small amount coming out? Could be the pump getting weak when warm or something sucking into the pickup line.

/ New Holland L-445 Help Please #6  
I have a Sperry New Holland L445 Skid Steer. Sn#546055 I have a couple questions:
1. Can anyone tell me how I can find the year? I posted the SN in case that helps.
2. I replaced the fuel pump (which was an electric fuel pump when I bought it used). i replaced it with one that had the same gpm output. the SS ran fine, for a good while, but I am now having some problems keeping it running. Does anyone have any experience with the fuel pumps in this machine? I saw online that I could buy an electric fuel pump for it, but it was about 141.00, compared to about 1/4 of that price at the auto parts store. But is there a reason that the one from the auto store would not work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

The reason the electric pump was on there was because the original was probably vapor locking. That engine really runs hot. I replaced mind with an electric car fuel pump and have never had any problems since. I also put an inline fuel filter on. Harold