Tractor
    New Holland L445

Default New Holland L-445 Help Please

I have a Sperry New Holland L445 Skid Steer. Sn#546055 I have a couple questions:
    1. Can anyone tell me how I can find the year? I posted the SN in case that helps.
    2. I replaced the fuel pump (which was an electric fuel pump when I bought it used). i replaced it with one that had the same gpm output. the SS ran fine, for a good while, but I am now having some problems keeping it running. Does anyone have any experience with the fuel pumps in this machine? I saw online that I could buy an electric fuel pump for it, but it was about 141.00, compared to about 1/4 of that price at the auto parts store. But is there a reason that the one from the auto store would not work?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    farmall m, Allis Chalmers WD x2, Husky 390XP, Husky 455 Rancher

Default Re: New Holland L-445 Help Please

To get a year of the machine call your local dealer with a serial number, have you tried to replace to fuel filters?

Tractor
    New Holland L445

Thank you for the reply.
    I replaced the filter, when I changed the fuel pump.
    One thing I have yet to do is clean or replace the air filter, as I am not sure if it can be cleaned or must be replaced.
    Also, I cannot find any specs on this, and everything seems to cost 250.00 and up. Thats a lot of money to invest on guessing at my problem
    Do you see any reason why a different fuel pump would not work, if it is rated for the same output?
    Thank you again.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    farmall m, Allis Chalmers WD x2, Husky 390XP, Husky 455 Rancher

was the fuel pump you got for diesel fuel? The best thing to with a air filter is to replace get a number off what you got or look on the new holland web site and get a part number and call your local auto parts like napa or carquest and have them cross to one of there filters. Are you sure that the fuel pump is still pumping fuel? if the machine quits have you tried to pull the line off and see if the pump is still pumping fuel or is it just a small amount coming out? Could be the pump getting weak when warm or something sucking into the pickup line.

Tractor
    none