tc55da ehss stuck in reverse

/ tc55da ehss stuck in reverse #1  

bigboytractoman

Tractor
new holland tc33d and tc55da
doing some grading yesterday shifted to reverse and it wont come out tractor is 2005 about 1400 hrs it has been shifting slow from foward to reverse with alot of travel in between and it jerks now when it was real smooth i checked the forward and reverse lever switch and it works sending 12 volts to ehss controler dont know what to do next going to try and disconect the battery and see if it is eletroinc problem called dealer i bought it from and talked to service manger but did not help any pricing the ehss controler module might try replacing that

/ tc55da ehss stuck in reverse #2  
Sounds more like a hydro problem. Plugged filter? low fluid? Some tractors have an internal suction screen that should be cleaned, not sure about that model.

/ tc55da ehss stuck in reverse
thought that too so changed fluid and had to order filter out of stock fluid was awful dark ashamed to say it has been to long since i changed it checked fluid in filter did not have any metal as i poured it into my hand but inching pedal cable seems not to be working awful slack cant run it till filter gets here

/ tc55da ehss stuck in reverse #4  
You need to check for power at the solenoids before you replace the module.

Here is what I think it is. In the transmission on that tractor NH used a big spacer to seperate two gears on the input shaft. That spacer wears, when it does those two gears are able to make contact with the fwd/rev clutch assy over time they wear the assy enough the the snaprings the hold the clutch packs in comes out of the clutch assy this is wear the sluggish feel comes from eventually the machine will quit moving in one or the other or both directions.

Brian

i guess that means it has to come apart i did check the solenoids they have power going to them but dont switch the rear one is staying on while mounted but opens when taken off the tractor cant see in the hole but when you screw it back in it closes and has power on both sides i also switched plugs to solenoids and the rear one stayed the same

/ tc55da ehss stuck in reverse #6  
It's a pretty decent job. My local NH dealer says their best technician does it in 15 hours, I can do it in 10 if I have all of the parts on hand. I will warn you that it comes out to about $3000 in parts (between the clutch housing, discs, and misc other parts) if that is the problem.

Brian

thanks for info i hope it does not come to that but if it does i will be doing it myself , still waiting on filter but there was a piece of what looked like silicon in the solenoid hole where it screws in like a piece of gasket material pulled it out might have something to do with it or not