MF 20f loader problem

/ MF 20f loader problem #1  

Michael 6

Tractor
maasey ferguson 20f
I have a massey ferguson 20f industrial tractor that I am having issues with the loader. I bought the tractor about 3 years ago and have had an issue with the loader leaking down while running and not lifting its capcity. I estimate I can only lift about 900-1000 pounds. This has a 2800 pound max (from what I can find online). I had the lift cylinders rebuilt with no help. I have been advised by a shop I use that it is most likely the control valve spool. This has a two spool control valve with the rear power assist for a backhoe. ( I don't have a backhoe) I am willing to replace the spool valve, but they are not available through massey ferfuson/Agco parts. Anyone have any idea where I might find one or an after market replacement. I am having no luck online. Here are some pictures of the valve and tractor. Anyone that can offer me some would be great.

Thanks Michael photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

/ MF 20f loader problem #2  
Post in the Hydraulics section. I'll bet J.J. can help. Before replacing the valve, check your system pressure with a guage. You may have a weak pump.

/ MF 20f loader problem
New to the forum and not sure how to change the section. What do I need to check the pressure? Also, I have no issue with the rear hydraulics. Not sure if that matters.

/ MF 20f loader problem #4  
Michael -

Any hydraulic repair shop can probably go through the spool valve and check it out, replace seals, etc. Unless there is some significant scoring or a broken spool it can be fixed for a good bit less than what a new one would cost.

/ MF 20f loader problem
Alright, sorry for responding sooner. I took the valve body to a local hydraulic shop. They went through and replace all of the seals/o-rings. Still did not work. I had a tractor mechanic come out to find out what the issue was. He did, the hydraulic relief valves on the valve body had bad nylon rings(?) that were bad. He did not have any that would fit it. The hydraulic shop did not have any and the parts are not available from a dealer. So, not sure what to do now............Placing regular round o-rings on did stop the leak down, but did not help with the lifting issue. Thanks

Any hydraulic repair shop can probably go through the spool valve and check it out, replace seals, etc. Unless there is some significant scoring or a broken spool it can be fixed for a good bit less than what a new one would cost.[/QUOTE]