Tractor
    maasey ferguson 20f

Default MF 20f loader problem

I have a massey ferguson 20f industrial tractor that I am having issues with the loader. I bought the tractor about 3 years ago and have had an issue with the loader leaking down while running and not lifting its capcity. I estimate I can only lift about 900-1000 pounds. This has a 2800 pound max (from what I can find online). I had the lift cylinders rebuilt with no help. I have been advised by a shop I use that it is most likely the control valve spool. This has a two spool control valve with the rear power assist for a backhoe. ( I don't have a backhoe) I am willing to replace the spool valve, but they are not available through massey ferfuson/Agco parts. Anyone have any idea where I might find one or an after market replacement. I am having no luck online. Here are some pictures of the valve and tractor. Anyone that can offer me some would be great.

Thanks MichaelMF 20f loader problem-photo-1.jpgMF 20f loader problem-photo-2.jpgMF 20f loader problem-photo-3.jpgMF 20f loader problem-photo-4.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Default Re: MF 20f loader problem

Post in the Hydraulics section. I'll bet J.J. can help. Before replacing the valve, check your system pressure with a guage. You may have a weak pump.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    maasey ferguson 20f

New to the forum and not sure how to change the section. What do I need to check the pressure? Also, I have no issue with the rear hydraulics. Not sure if that matters.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Case 1210, Mitsubishi D2050

Michael -

Any hydraulic repair shop can probably go through the spool valve and check it out, replace seals, etc. Unless there is some significant scoring or a broken spool it can be fixed for a good bit less than what a new one would cost.

Tractor
    maasey ferguson 20f

Alright, sorry for responding sooner. I took the valve body to a local hydraulic shop. They went through and replace all of the seals/o-rings. Still did not work. I had a tractor mechanic come out to find out what the issue was. He did, the hydraulic relief valves on the valve body had bad nylon rings(?) that were bad. He did not have any that would fit it. The hydraulic shop did not have any and the parts are not available from a dealer. So, not sure what to do now............Placing regular round o-rings on did stop the leak down, but did not help with the lifting issue. Thanks

Any hydraulic repair shop can probably go through the spool valve and check it out, replace seals, etc. Unless there is some significant scoring or a broken spool it can be fixed for a good bit less than what a new one would cost.[/QUOTE]