Mahindra 3215 gear drive -no hydraulics

/ Mahindra 3215 gear drive -no hydraulics #1  

POC

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4x4
I was in the woods today with the tractor. I got it stuck in a ditch and while working to get it out something must have happened. When I got it out of the ditch I had no hydraulics, no PS, no 3-pt hitch arms.
It is low on fluid, my wife is getting some in town now.
I was also at quite a bit of an angle. I'm hoping low fluid + high angle = loss of fluid pickup......fingers crossed....

So if the fluid is not the problem, what else should I look into? All the hoses are connected as they should be, no obvious leaks.

Thanks,
Patrick

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 3215 gear drive -no hydraulics
Reservoir is full. Still nothing. Could I have tore the pump up??

No one has ANY idea?

/ Mahindra 3215 gear drive -no hydraulics #4  
If I'm correct you have two hyd pumps, in tandem...if so and you have neither PS nor 3pt hyds, it sounds like you may have blown the gear that runs the pumps...should be off the timing/cam shaft gear.. I don't have a 3215, but a lot of Mahindras have the tandem pumps..you still under warranty? BobG in VA

Thanks Bob.
Not sure about the warranty. How can I find out about that?

This sounds like a big deal, yes?

/ Mahindra 3215 gear drive -no hydraulics #6  
The 3215 has 2 pumps, but they are not in tandem. In 11 years as a Mahindra dealer I have never had a hydraulic pump off of one of the Mitsubishi tractors or had a customer that has told me of a problem with them. I will do a little looking into this and think about it a bit.

Could I have picked up air in the system?

Where would be the best place to bleed that out?

I took the output hose off the power steering pump and ran the tractor, it belched and gurgled quite a bit, then started spewing fluid. I screwed it back together and now everything works!

Isn't there a saying......"The simplest solution is sometimes the hardest" or something?

Thanks guys,
Patrick

/ Mahindra 3215 gear drive -no hydraulics #9  
I am surprised it wouldn't bleed itself.

Me too. The Manual says to run through the hydraulics to work air out of the system.....don't know where that air is supposed to go.

So, a tidbit of knowledge for you!