JD 260 SKID LOADER PROB

/ JD 260 SKID LOADER PROB #1  

DIXIESJD

Tractor
JOHN DEERE 317
MY FRIEND HAS A JD 260 SKID LOADER AND IT LOST THE DISPLAY AND WON'T START. MY 317 HAS SELF DIAGNOSTICS BUT HIS 260 DOES NOT BUT HE LOST HIS DISPLAY ANYWAY SO DIAGNOSTICS WOULD'NT HELP ANYWAY. WHEN HE TURNS THE KEY NOTHING HAPPENS BUT THERE'S CHARGE IN THE BATTERY. WE TRIED JUMPING THE STARTER AND GOT IT TO TURN BUT WITHOUT CURRENT GOING THROUGH THE SWITCH, THE FUEL SOLENOID WASN'T ENERGIZED I GUES
S. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?THANKS

/ JD 260 SKID LOADER PROB #2  
Only idea, check the battery cables and ground.

/ JD 260 SKID LOADER PROB #3  
Worked on bobcats so dont know jd's but check the fuses,:2cents:

/ JD 260 SKID LOADER PROB
Thanks for the info, we will give it a try.

Thanks, that's a good idea. They have them all over the place, some in-line. Could be any one of them. Thanks

/ JD 260 SKID LOADER PROB #6  
Thanks, that's a good idea. They have them all over the place, some in-line. Could be any one of them. Thanks

Yes, check the fuses. When I bought my 317 a couple weeks later the battery died on me. So I hooked up my booster to it and then my ignition switch no longer worked, absolutely nothing. Checked my fuses and it turns out I blew the ignition 15 amp fuse. Put in a new fuse and it fired right up. :) Replaced the bettery the same day and no problems since. Sounds to me like a fuse is blown, I would check all the fuses. :2cents:

Thanks Johndeere3720 we will check that out. I also had to replace the battery on my 317 shortly after I got it. Mine was used with abolut 250 hours on it. Youl'd think it would last longer. Thanks again for the info.