Satoh S-650G water pump

/ Satoh S-650G water pump #1  

olegeegr

Tractor
Satoh S-650G
Bought used 16 years ago. Had 908 hours when cable went out couple years ago. Use it about 3-5 hours year. Bush-hogged yesterday and noticed water leak. Pump is shot, need to replace. Can anyone help me determine what year and what engine I have from the information below?

Stamped on transmission housing by clutch:
Satoh S-650G-600037

Stamped on engine block left side rear:
S275525

Label on frame right side mid engine:
SATOH TRACTOR S-650G
Disp: 60.23 ci 25 hp/2800 rpm
Satoh Agricultural Machine Mfg. Co. Ltd.

Want to make absolutely sure I get right part first time. :)
Thanks for any help.

/ Satoh S-650G water pump #2  
Those tractors had a Mazda engine. I'm not sure whether you can still find parts, however an IH284
had the same engine...maybe Case-IH would be able to supply a water pump.

David

/ Satoh S-650G water pump
To answer my own question and for general information:

It appears that all Satoh S-650G 'Bison' tractors have the same Mazda engines from the early '70s' through '80s' to about '93'. There are 3 sources for parts. Valley Power Products, satohparts.com , Weaver's Compact Tractor, compactractorparts.com and Wengers of Myerstown, wengers.com . Prices from $109.00 to $150.00. As far as rebuilding the pump myself goes I think I'll pass. One source quoted $90.00 just for the seal. May be able to get a thermostat from Auto Zone for just a few bucks. I will follow up this post with details after the fact.

/ Satoh S-650G water pump #5  
If you have a good parts store let them send it to their rebuilder if you have time. It might take a couple weeks. I did this probably 15 years ago on my Satoh for about 40 bucks compared to 150. Mine is the S-470 Buck.