Shibaura cylinder head

/ Shibaura cylinder head #1  

ziptiekid

Tractor
1984 Ford 1700 4x4 and 1944 Farmall super H
I live in mid Missouri and I need to find a used or new cylider head for my Ford 1700 (2 cylinder Shibaura deisle). The head that is on the tractor now was repaired once before and I would like to replace it. I know they are expensive, but compared to a new tractor I think this is the way to go. I have searched for two days on the internet and can not find one..plz help!

/ Shibaura cylinder head #2  
Have you checked a dealer to get a parts price? My brother-in-law in Independence, MO had a cracked head on his Yanmar equipped JD950 and found a new head was reasonably priced. Industrialenginesandparts.com has Shibaura parts for Ford compact tractors so they might be a place to check. Cat brands Shibaura engines but I am only familiar with the 3 and 4 cylinders used in compactors and mini-excavators but they have a pretty simple head so I assume the 2 is just a reduced size.

/ Shibaura cylinder head
Have you checked a dealer to get a parts price? My brother-in-law in Independence, MO had a cracked head on his Yanmar equipped JD950 and found a new head was reasonably priced. Industrialenginesandparts.com has Shibaura parts for Ford compact tractors so they might be a place to check. Cat brands Shibaura engines but I am only familiar with the 3 and 4 cylinders used in compactors and mini-excavators but they have a pretty simple head so I assume the 2 is just a reduced size.

Yes I have checked with a dealer in Cameron, MO. If I have to pay that amount I will,but, I am going to check out the other site that you gave. Thank you very much for your reply.

/ Shibaura cylinder head
UPDATE: We found a good used head at All State AG Parts, They were very reasonable and professional. If anyone else needs used tractor parts you can call them at (877)530-4430. Thanks again for your help everyone.