Sears Suburban 10 garden tractor with vintage Tecumseh Engine

/ Sears Suburban 10 garden tractor with vintage Tecumseh Engine #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
Model 143-579032 serial 6287 ? on the id plate 12135
I found this neat small tractor at auction and I want to use it to cultivate between planted rows with a self propelled Sears Rototiller mounted on the rear. Who knows how long it sat unused so I started with clean fuel and oiled the cylinder and it turned easily. Then I tested for spark and of course none. So I took off the engine cover and there was considerable rust on the magneto/flywheel which cleaned off nicely. The condenser was rusty but cleaned nicely and I tried to replace it (internet as well as old Tecumseh small engine shops) but no success. Well I decided to try to start it with what I had and as I was moving the spark wire coming out of the ignition coil it literally fell out. So I then went back to internet (e-bay etc.) as well as small engine repair shops but only response was "no longer available".
Questions:
1. Any one know where I can find coil 32014 condenser 32015...(these are according to a Sears Vintage Restorers website)?

2. Has anyone experience with reinserting the SP wire into the housing of the ignition coil (after appropriate cleaning both wire tip as well as internal coil) sealing the connection?

3. If either of the above two options do not succeed, can another coil be substitutedif it has the same fit/contour to the flywheel?

Thank You IMG_0020.jpgIMG_0026.JPGIMG_0019.jpg

/ Sears Suburban 10 garden tractor with vintage Tecumseh Engine #2  
Not real sure but its worth a try. Put" Part Number: 35135B " in google it brings up tecumseh coils from different sellers. Hope this helps.

/ Sears Suburban 10 garden tractor with vintage Tecumseh Engine #3  
You could remove the stock coil and wire in an automotive 12 volt coil.

/ Sears Suburban 10 garden tractor with vintage Tecumseh Engine #4  
Coils are out there if you Google as mentioned. Not cheap, but they are out there... Saw one for like $85. The condenser is still available through NAPA. My local price here is something like $8.14. Some on Epay for $8.99 and up.

Pretty cool you're bring it back to life..!! I have more than several David Bradley 2 wheeler's sold through Sears, I use in the garden. Great for marking rows, and cultivating.. Sure beats a hoe..!!

/ Sears Suburban 10 garden tractor with vintage Tecumseh Engine #5