66 Ford 3000 Voltage Regulator

/ 66 Ford 3000 Voltage Regulator
I'm sorry soundguy! I'm at work and cannot physically look at the tractor. I am reading every reply you post! I'll look at it when I get home this evening!

Thanks, Brad

/ 66 Ford 3000 Voltage Regulator #12  
post back.

I did see that the genny has the cable coming from the back for the tach. Have not located the fuse as of yet. I did notice a single wire running from the harness at the back of the genny across the front of the engine on top right in front of the cylinder cover. Never did locate its destination? I will dig deeper.

/ 66 Ford 3000 Voltage Regulator #14  
fuses is in near the connector for the plug in for the cluster.

wire to the front? i'd look for the water temp sender.. or see if someone scabbed in an electric fuel pump vs the mechanical one up there for the gassers anyway....

yep.. genny runs tach...

voltage stabilizer, not regulator runs power to the gauges...

Alot of wires taped together in the area of the plug for the cluster. I'll remove the tape and see what's underneath! I figured it was the two wires he disconnected from the vstab/vreg? I need to see what it is anyway! I reckon I'll just disconnect the tach cable from the back of the genny to see if I can see what's wrong with the tach? I don't have anything on my instument cluster working. Lights, fuel gauge, tach.

/ 66 Ford 3000 Voltage Regulator #16  
(sigh)

first.

the voltage stabilizer and voltage regulator are 2 different things.

for the cluster to have power.. vstab and fuse have to be present.

tach is 100% mechanical