Kubota B8200 Steering Box is Shot

/ Kubota B8200 Steering Box is Shot #1  

raytex

Tractor
Kubota B8200 HST
Howdy,
I'm a brand new member, and this is my 1st post. Just bought this old B8200 3 weeks ago, and it had a 3/4 steering wheel free spin. Today while shredding, the steering quit turning left (wouldn't make a good NASCAR tractor!). I've researched the problem and know that the gears and other parts are worn out and what caused that (plugged weep hole in steering column, wear on the bushing, and then water in the steering box). What I'm digging into now is whether I should buy the parts and rebuild it, or buy a new steering box if it is still available. Does anyone have any suggestions including where to buy the parts or the steering box? Thanks.
Raytex

/ Kubota B8200 Steering Box is Shot #2  
Steering boxes are expensive! Tear it apart and see what the specific issue is and rebuild if possible. If it still turns one direction but the steering shaft and steering wheel raise slightly while turning the other direction ( but the wheels don't turn) it is probably as simple as a new thrust bearing. There are two bearings, one on top (that will be your bad one) and one on bottom of the "sector gear block" ( can't think what it's called at the moment....it's a square block with teeth that engage the sector shaft) on the end of the steering shaft.

/ Kubota B8200 Steering Box is Shot
Thanks a lot. Steering assembly is $700.
Raytex

/ Kubota B8200 Steering Box is Shot #4  
Well, I think you can get youself free shipping PLUS the best price
on the web for any Kubota parts you want over $50.00 except
"Wholegoods".

You need to email THIS GUY, tell him "Artisan" sent you and
ask for a price... be sure you tell him I sent you if you
want the best price ! :thumbsup: