Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck #1  

Fordmodel1920

Tractor
Ford model 1920
I have a Ford 1920 and the clutch is frozen. I've attempted repeatedly to free it up without success. I'm contemplating splitting the tractor to replace the clutch myself, rather than having it done. I've read on the forum, some members recommend waiting until you separate the tractor and remove the old clutch before you order the replacement to ensure you have the correct part. I've also read that parts can be difficult to locate. Any experience, advice, and part referrals are appreciated. Thanks Norm

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck #2  
I have a Ford 1920 and the clutch is frozen. I've attempted repeatedly to free it up without success. I'm contemplating splitting the tractor to replace the clutch myself, rather than having it done. I've read on the forum, some members recommend waiting until you separate the tractor and remove the old clutch before you order the replacement to ensure you have the correct part. I've also read that parts can be difficult to locate. Any experience, advice, and part referrals are appreciated. Thanks Norm

Before you split the tractor...check out the link below it is the result of a search on this site for " stuck clutch " Many solutions to try before you split...good luck...http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=510296

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck #3  
Have you tired holding your foot on the clutch and running it around while you rapidly rev it up and idle it back down.

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck #4  
Open up the clutch adjustment access " large rubber plug in the side of you bellhousing. Sharpen a putty knife, block down clutch pedal, carefully drive the putty knife in between the clutch disc and flywheel. Drive in no more than a 1/4 inch, pull out and turn your flywheel about a quarter turn. Drive in the putty knife again. Keep trying till it pops loose. Usualy only 1 to 3 places and it pops free. Start engine, run up over 1/2 throttle, put trans in high gear and slip the clutch for a few seconds to burnish it. Put the rubber plug back and always block down the clutch pedal when parked for more than a day.

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck
Open up the clutch adjustment access " large rubber plug in the side of you bellhousing. Sharpen a putty knife, block down clutch pedal, carefully drive the putty knife in between the clutch disc and flywheel. Drive in no more than a 1/4 inch, pull out and turn your flywheel about a quarter turn. Drive in the putty knife again. Keep trying till it pops loose. Usualy only 1 to 3 places and it pops free. Start engine, run up over 1/2 throttle, put trans in high gear and slip the clutch for a few seconds to burnish it. Put the rubber plug back and always block down the clutch pedal when parked for more than a day.

Thanks for the suggestions... I'll give them a shot.... Norm

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck #6  
Have you tired holding your foot on the clutch and running it around while you rapidly rev it up and idle it back down.

Hitting the brakes while doing this normally breaks them lose. Many tractors come with blocks of wood or a rod to hold the clutch in the open state when the tractors are left sitting for a period of time.

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck
Yes, I have tried that... Unfortunately it didn't work . Thank you for the suggestion.

/ Clutch froze, have tried to free up with no luck #8  
Hitting the brakes while doing this normally breaks them lose. Many tractors come with blocks of wood or a rod to hold the clutch in the open state when the tractors are left sitting for a period of time.

Mine has a little hook that holds it down.