Rams on fel not moving equally

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #1  

EMS503

Silver Member
Tractor
1960 or 61 MF35 Deluxe, 2008 Kubota L3940 GST
I have an L3940 with a Woods fel on it, When I go to attach it to the tractor the ram in the Cyl. (left side) does not open or close equally with the right side. There are no visible leaks and the hyd. fluid is full. could this ram have air in it that needs to be bled out or does it sound like a seal problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #2  
G,day EMS503.
Sounds like the ram piston retaining nut is coming undone ,best to remove the ram and have it checked.
Regards.
Hutch.

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #3  
I have an L3940 with a Woods fel on it, When I go to attach it to the tractor the ram in the Cyl. (left side) does not open or close equally with the right side. There are no visible leaks and the hyd. fluid is full. could this ram have air in it that needs to be bled out or does it sound like a seal problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

Normal operation

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #4  
I don't agree that this is normal. My FEL did the same thing when i got it. It bothered me a bit, but since it still worked and i didn't know better, i left it. When i took it to a closer dealer for regular maintenance, they told me that they had fixed the one hydraulic cylinder, though i hadn't even mentioned it. Now the rams cycle evenly and i'm convinced the loader even lifts more!!

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #5  
Could be bent or coming apart, either way take it off and have it checked.

E/S

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #6  
I'd say it's quite possibly normal. If there's nothing connecting the 2 side plates together, they can move at different rates. Same idea as when you are trying to connect a pin on bucket. The cyl with the least resistance will always move first.

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #7  
Normal operation. Its just the stiffness of the pivots are slightly different between the two sides. The cylinders are t'ed together, whichever one can move slightly easier does.

/ Rams on fel not moving equally #8  
G,day ems 503.
after reading your post again I agree with the others It is normal for this to happen one ram seal may be a little bit tighter than the other.
Hutch.

/ Rams on fel not moving equally
Sorry I did not reply back sooner, Family from out of state was here for a few days,
Thank you for your thoughts, I will keep an eye on this and hope it is normal operation.