Hyd oil change for Massey Ferguson mf 30 Industrial

/ Hyd oil change for Massey Ferguson mf 30 Industrial #1  

thockmartin

Tractor
Massey ferguson MF 30 Industrial
Hello, I bought a massey 30 industrial and want to change all the fluids before I put it to work. My question is what type of oil does the differential take ? looking at other threads some recommend 90W, when I drained the fluid it seems more like hydraulic fluid, also are there 2 drain plugs that have to be removed ? Thanks in advance.

/ Hyd oil change for Massey Ferguson mf 30 Industrial #2  
Thia ia where an operator's manual or a factory shop manual comes in handy. If your tractor uses the same fluid in the rear axle and the hydraulics than UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid) or Massry Ferguson's PermaTran 1129 are used. Sometimes UTF /PermaTran are used in the transmissions also. 90W GL-1 oils were spec'd for the original TO-20 and -30's and you may be confusing those tractors with the MF30 industrial. Call a massey dealer or get an operators manual to be sure.

/ Hyd oil change for Massey Ferguson mf 30 Industrial
Thanks for the reply, Sounds like I need a manual.

/ Hyd oil change for Massey Ferguson mf 30 Industrial #4  
what type of oil do you use for transmition

/ Hyd oil change for Massey Ferguson mf 30 Industrial #5  
What transmission do you have? I would bet that it calls for MF Perma-Tran. Especially if it's an instant reverse trans. I wouldn't use anything else. If it has a loader, that's a separate system and could use the same fluid or standard hyd. oil.