Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Loader bucket wear fix or not?

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Well right or wrong, here is what I do. I would weld a couple of beads around the base of the lower pins. This will prevent the adapter from moving forward quite as much, and the lynch pin will have less slop between itself and the back of the adapter bracket. I would also make sure the pins have not worn thin. Get some new ones to be sure. Weld some beads on the inside of the top upside down J brackets on the bucket on the bucket side. This will make the top adapter clearance between the bracket and the top tube that goes into this bracket less, and take up any slop.. Of course if you put too much bead, that is what they make grinders for. So for 10 minutes of welding, your slop problem is gone.. if it comes back as the welds wear down then break out the welder and grinder, and have at it again. Problem solved for couple bucks rod and electricity.

James K0UA
    Thanks, I'm not all that familiar with JD, but it does look like he has too much slop for comfort.
    Last edited by Don87; 10-02-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

On pic 3, I'm not sure how much play should be there, but the gap seems awfully big.........that holds the top or your bucket to the QA.

It does seem like a lot of clearance doesn't? I would think it would fit tighter, some grease on the adapter once in a while would help a bit on wear.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320 with 200cx FEL...RM550 Woods Finish Mower...GradeMaster Grader....Ratchet Rake

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Well right or wrong, here is what I do. I would weld a couple of beads around the base of the lower pins. This will prevent the adapter from moving forward quite as much, and the lynch pin will have less slop between itself and the back of the adapter bracket. I would also make sure the pins have not worn thin. Get some new ones to be sure. Weld some beads on the inside of the top upside down J brackets on the bucket on the bucket side. This will make the top adapter clearance between the bracket and the top tube that goes into this bracket less, and take up any slop.. Of course if you put too much bead, that is what they make grinders for. So for 10 minutes of welding, your slop problem is gone.. if it comes back as the welds wear down then break out the welder and grinder, and have at it again. Problem solved for couple bucks rod and electricity.

James K0UA
    Before I do this, I have to investigate a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    You have the QA bucket. on the first 2 pics, if you remove the silver pin, then tilt your bucket a smidge, and lower your loader arms, the bucket will come right off.

On pic 3, I'm not sure how much play should be there, but the gap seems awfully big.........that holds the top or your bucket to the QA.
    Just went outside and measured. .225 of an inch (and gotta say, just about yacked, as I was bending over, I inhailed a small bug down wind pipe.....still coughing and waterery eyes,lol)

Thanks, I'm not all that familiar with JD, but it does look like he has too much slop for comfort.
    ....this is why I ask, cause it's getting a little to much for my comfort

It does seem like a lot of clearance doesn't? I would think it would fit tighter, some grease on the adapter once in a while would help a bit on wear.[/QUOTE]

it used to fit alot tighter.

......oh ya, lynch pins that's what they are called....lol....I knew that

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4300

I am surprised at how much slop there is under the bucket hooks.Makes me wonder if they got bent somehow, just don't know how you could bend them s long as the bottom lynch pin is in place on the bucket. I have over 4000 hrs on my tractor (JD4300) split between the bucket and a couple of different sets of forks/lifting brackets. Lot of digging and rock work, but only half the slop that you have. I have the steel, rather than the newer cast brackets and mine have bent a bit as well.
    I can't see how you could have your bucket come unhooked the way the other style (SkidSteer) does but if you like, you could try to bend those hooks back down with a big hammer. If you fill the space with weld, you might also harden them and make them brittle....

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by pat32rf View Post
    I am surprised at how much slop there is under the bucket hooks.Makes me wonder if they got bent somehow, just don't know how you could bend them s long as the bottom lynch pin is in place on the bucket. I have over 4000 hrs on my tractor (JD4300) split between the bucket and a couple of different sets of forks/lifting brackets. Lot of digging and rock work, but only half the slop that you have. I have the steel, rather than the newer cast brackets and mine have bent a bit as well.
    I can't see how you could have your bucket come unhooked the way the other style (SkidSteer) does but if you like, you could try to bend those hooks back down with a big hammer. If you fill the space with weld, you might also harden them and make them brittle....
    Thanks for stopping by. I'm not that familiar with JD stuff, but, I knew the amount of slop appeared excessive.

I remembered seeing a couple threads on here about QA's coming apart, but couldn't remember the brand, nor could I find the threads.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320 with 200cx FEL...RM550 Woods Finish Mower...GradeMaster Grader....Ratchet Rake

Quote Originally Posted by pat32rf View Post
    Yes.....brittle...that's what i would think would happen too.

I think what i need to do is go to a JD dealer and get some measurement of the hook and the bar the hook goes over and see from there i guess?

I thank everyone greatly so far in helping me with this issue

Im going to look and or study the whole attachment really good tomorrow since i worked today.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by kyles974 View Post
    Yes.....brittle...that's what i would think would happen too.

I think what i need to do is go to a JD dealer and get some measurement of the hook and the bar the hook goes over and see from there i guess?

I thank everyone greatly so far in helping me with this issue

Im going to look and or study the whole attachment really good tomorrow since i worked today.
    Your welcome. And yes, that would be a great idea to go to the dealer with a rule and check some measurements.

Good Luck, and keep us informed.
    Don

Silver Member
    Tractor

Your welcome. And yes, that would be a great idea to go to the dealer with a rule and check some measurements.

Good Luck, and keep us informed.

It maybe a few days, or into nest week, but I will update when I check at dealer.

...in the mean time, I'll check back here to see if anyone else has jumped in with any suggestions.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Don

Silver Member
    Tractor

I will be going to JD Dealer tomorrow morning (Tuesday)....got to buy some dash bulbs....so while I'm there, going to ask and measure new bucket, etc.,

but, will post what I come up with

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast