Front tires not holding air

/ Front tires not holding air #31  
This may be a dumb suggestion, but I'll make it anyway. I only recently just discovered that I can lift my front end much further into the air if I take the parking brake off. Most of the time when I'm trying to raise the front end, I'm parked, so the brake is on, you see. And when the front wheels try to go up, the rear wheels need to roll forward, which they can't do if the brake is on. The loader should really have enough strength to raise the front end up further than that. Could that be your issue?

Try lightly pressing the hydro pedal forward and it will come up real easy.

/ Front tires not holding air #32  
As I stated earlier............Don't discount the rims. I've seen so many rims with bad welds over the years that it ain't even funny. And like Soundguy said...sometimes tires just get 'porous'.......they will leak anywhere on the sidewalls or tread.

But if you put 50lbs of air in a tire...........and it changes after a few days or a week, (using the same tire guage) there is a problem.

EDIT: and just to add to this..............If the pressure drops, then stabilizes..........that is a rubber problem, and not the rim.

/ Front tires not holding air #33  
Ok, time to go get tubes or fill with foam and put this stress behind you.

/ Front tires not holding air #34  
May be a tad off topic here, but I was on Ebay Friday nite doing a search for replacement tires for my tractor, original size is 24X8.50-14 turfs, one of them has a bad sidewall and the other is fine, well a local price was something like $150 with tax for an imported tire that didn't match the OEM pair, an Ebay seller listed an exactly identical Titan R3 to what I have...$69 delivered, no tax. Just my luck....love Ebay. :thumbsup:

/ Front tires not holding air
Ok, time to go get tubes or fill with foam and put this stress behind you.

Hmmm... but if I put tubes in, then I won't be able to use convenient plugs to patch them, right? Then again, since they're not holding air particularly well in the first place, possibly no great loss. Still, I don't relish the thought of having to re-seat the tires every time I need to patch the tube. As for foam, I vaguely recall reading that my warranty is void if I put foam in my tires, so that's out.

It's not old rubber, as the tractor itself is pretty new, even if you count sitting-on-the-lot-time. My current best guess is a slow leak that didn't show up on the under-water bubble test.

/ Front tires not holding air #36  
If you put tubes in the thorns may poke them too. Bobcat CT225 CT230 CT235 are not supposed to have foam filled tires. If you can not see bubbles when you submerge it something like slime or fix-a-flat may do stop the leak.

/ Front tires not holding air #38  
I think the owners manual says it will damage the front axle.

/ Front tires not holding air #39  
94BULLITT said:
I think the owners manual says it will damage the front axle.

The extra weight they think can damage the axle? Never heard of this. I M trying to come up with what is harmful. I believe my loaded tires may stress out the axle less when doing loader work. They squat a lot less from the weight which makes steering effort less.

/ Front tires not holding air #40  
jejeosborne said:
Why can't foam be used?

It's not that it can't, it's just that the manufacturers don't want to replace front diff parts if they don't have to. I maintained a fleet of utility tractors and construction equipment all with filled tires. In the utility tractors I never saw any increase in front end wear. On our Bobcat skid-steers all I saw was a need to keep up on checking lug nut torque. Then on our Case 570's over time we would break the weld holding the rim to the wheel center.