Tractor
    kubota b1700HST

Default how do I remove pulley from landpride FD2560 grooming mower?

Hi All,
    took nut off above pulley, used 5-ton pulley remover, but just bending pulley. Any ideas as to why pulley is not coming off? Worked all day on this, have bent pulley, no joy yet. any advise would be appreciated

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    IH 684

Whenever I can't get anything off I break out the old trusty torch and heat it up good.

Tractor
    kubota b1700HST

Default Re: how do I remove pulley from landpride FD2560 grooming mower?

I can do that but will it screw up my bearings? find attached diagram. I am replacing the hub that has threads stripped out, that holds blade bolt on. how do I remove pulley from landpride FD2560 grooming mower?-landpride-spindle-fd2560-mower.png heck all am I trying to do is replace part # 4. This is where the mower blade bolt threads into that is stripped out. Maybe I should not have tried to remove pulley. 4 bolts hold the entire assembly located under pulley. hard to reach with pulley attached/

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    IH 684

Can you put a couple of shims between the pulley and hub and drive the shaft out or better yet use a shop press?

Tractor
    kubota b1700HST

Default Re: how do I remove pulley from landpride FD2560 grooming mower?

Thanks huskerhayman for the advice. I got the pully off by heating it. Unfortunately I ruined it. Not really set up to work on heavy equiptment. Lesson learned; I need a BIG vice to hold spindle while trying to remove hub. And a shop press. Change of subject. Drought here in Missouri all summer. hay prices are ridiculous. How was the crop up north (Iowa right?)

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    IH 684

I am in central Nebraska. Hay prices are sky high but yields are horrible. I got about 1/4 the normal yields. Luckily I picked up some corn stubble field to bale so I can at least break even this year. I don't have a shop press either but it is on my list. There are one of those things that when you need one they are invaluable and are hard to substitute with something else.