Kubota L2900

/ Kubota L2900 #1  

appmule

Tractor
Kubota L2900, JD 2030, JD 1936 "A"
I have a Kubota L2900 that will not start with the key but will shut off with the key. I have done a continuity check through the switch and checks ok. I have to "cross" the posts to start. Any info would be appreciated. I also own a 1947 9N, JD 2030, JD "A" 1936. A wiring schematic would help to troubleshoot.

/ Kubota L2900 #2  
If crossing the posts at the same place you have good continuity works, the switch must be the problem. Possibly will carry small amperage of test but not enough to get the job done.

/ Kubota L2900 #3  
I had a similar problem with my L3400 a few months back. Check the connection where the small starter wire plugs onto the solenoid, mounted to the starter.

/ Kubota L2900 #4  
I have close to this problem. My L2900 starts with the key but does not shuts off the engine. I have use the pull knob to kill the engine. Plus, the Glow Plug light comes ON or not,,,,,well, it has a mind of its own. The tractor runs fine but I will like to fix the problem. I checked connections from the switch - there are fine. Mike

/ Kubota L2900 #5  
I worked with that problem more than 6 mounth. I checked connections from the switch and changed wares. Now all ok

/ Kubota L2900 #6  
I am having the same problem with my L2900. Did you ever figure out the source of the problem? Checked connections to switch and fuses-- all seem OK-- but haven't done any voltage checks on the switch yet.

I suspect that the key switch is bad but withour a wiring diagram I am just guessing.