Will this LED light work on my Ford 9N or 8N? Whelen PAR-46 Super LED

/ Will this LED light work on my Ford 9N or 8N? Whelen PAR-46 Super LED #1  

macecase

Bronze Member
Tractor
1965 John Deere 3020 Diesel and 1975 John Deere 4630 Diesel
I have a Ford 9N and also an 8N. The 8N is 12 volts now and I expect to upgrade the 9N to 12v from 6v soon.

My question is, will this PAR-46 Spotlight LED replacement bulb work on this tractor? I know the wattage is very low and it draws only 2.3 amps. I'd suspect that is less than what the standard incandescent bulbs draw.

I think the PAR-46 refers to the size of this light. Does anybody know if that is the same size as the ones that come standard on N tractors? I know this bulb is brighter than the stock incandescent, it draws less, runs cooler and won't wear out (50,000 hours)

P46FLCMD.jpg

Strobes N' More

/ Will this LED light work on my Ford 9N or 8N? Whelen PAR-46 Super LED
Well, looks like a little more research would do me good.

I checked out the seal beam that I have installed now

https://plus.google.com/u/1/107092922155442419769/posts/6BYrPcGuko1

I cross referenced that bulb and it is clearly a PAR46.

WAGNER 4019 $13.11 30W PAR46 6.2V SCREW TABS 24369 GE SCREW TERMINAL BASE 5.75 MOL

I would just have to deal with the screw terminal base not being there (if that is the case) and adjust the wiring. I have seen a picture of this LED light with screw terminals on the back.

So, looks like it will work unless anybody objects.

/ Will this LED light work on my Ford 9N or 8N? Whelen PAR-46 Super LED #3  
I can only comment on your note about Wattage and brightness. LED's do not produce the same light the way an incandescent does. Very soon people are going to abandon the wattage and start reading lumens. Remmber also that even in regards to lumens, LEDs tend to be brighter, They are focused beams (meaning light is concentrated forward due to their design). Even HID's create a different light pattern. Actually HID's are conidered to be inferior replacement bulbs as the housings are not designed to focus the beam they create. So measuring Lumens is the most effective way to measure apple to apples in lights.