Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT

/ Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT #1  

Jw5875

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Recently stopped by a Kubota Dealer in Winchester, Va. to pick up some UDT. I got the last of their regular UDT.
Sales person told me that Kubota is going to only sell its "Super UDT" and it may have some synthetics in it.

JW5875

/ Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT #2  
Interesting...wonder what this means...since my manual says to use either UDT or SUDT... and hydraulic fluid from places like Tractor Supply indicate compatibility with UDT, not SUDT. And, SUDT price is way up there already.

/ Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT #3  
Profit margin much higher with SUDT?

/ Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT #4  
No, performance is better in the hydrostatic and Glide Shift units is probably the reason.

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT #5  
SUDT2 is compatible with SUDT and UDT. FYI and the cost is about the same as the SUDT was.

/ Kubota 2 Discontinue Regular UDT #6  
Interesting...wonder what this means...since my manual says to use either UDT or SUDT... and hydraulic fluid from places like Tractor Supply indicate compatibility with UDT, not SUDT. And, SUDT price is way up there already.

the sudt and sudt2 both state that they are compatible or mix with other hydraulic oils i believe if my memory serves me right. i actuallly thought the price went down slightly from the sudt to the partially synthetic sudt2 oil. have to check on this.