No fuel to bowl.

/ No fuel to bowl. #1  

Bwgad96

Silver Member
Tractor
Wayy to many.
Hii to all, I am having trouble getting this carb to work correctly. It seams that I cant get any fuel to get to the bowl. I have dissasembled and soaked cleaned all jets, but still no go. thank you

/ No fuel to bowl. #2  
what is this on?

/ No fuel to bowl.
Sorry it is a 19.5 hp briggs and stratton twin

/ No fuel to bowl. #4  
I will presume you made sure the float needle was free. If not getting fuel to the float bowl you have a blockage. Look at the fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump. Any place between the gas cap and the float bowl could be the point of blockage. Of course, I'm presuming that you have fuel in the tank and the fuel shut off valve is turned on.

Ken

/ No fuel to bowl.
I had traced it and fuel is coming throght the line and entering carb.what do you reccomend to clean carb?

/ No fuel to bowl. #6  
Depends on what deposits are/were in the carb. If it is a black varnish soak it in a dip carb cleaner for about an hour, rinse, inspect and repeat as needed. If it had hard white deposits soak in CLR overnight, rinse, blow out passages, inspect and repeat as needed. To clean the jets use your torch tip cleaner to mwke sure all the trash is out of the jets. Both of the above cleaning methods require a total carb disassembly (including welch plugs) and a carb major overhaul kit.

Depending on what you would have to buy to do a complete carb cleaning it may he cheaper for you to just put a new carb on it. In fact, if you have the white deposits (water) I would just replace the carb. On water corrosion issues I've had a less than 50% success rate on cleaning.

Ken