McCormick W4 won't run

/ McCormick W4 won't run #31  
Why don't you try a stronger solvent...

/ McCormick W4 won't run #32  
That built up carbon is tough to get off. I've literally scraped them with a file, using it sideways. One of those small cabinet type sandblasters would be great for this.

/ McCormick W4 won't run
Why don't you try a stronger solvent...

This is the strongest solvent you can buy in this town. Maybe if it don't work before I head down to New Berry for the parts I'll pick up some Berrymans Solvent. I know that works.

/ McCormick W4 won't run #34  
Wow look at all the fast reply.

This is the strongest solvent you can buy in this town

You said about all the things you had to do so the solvent wouldn't harm you. You could even try with some fine sand paper to clean the carbon off.

/ McCormick W4 won't run
The carbon on the last 2 valves is pretty thick. I don't think sand paper would work. I have a cabinet sandblaster but I don't have a clue what type of abrasive to buy that wouldn't damage the seats.

/ McCormick W4 won't run #36  
I think you have the black beuty sand in it. If you want you can try the sand tumbler, just give me a hollar.

/ McCormick W4 won't run
Ya it is black beauty sand. Do you think that might work? If not what do you think will? I'd rather avoid using a tumbler to avoid chipping the valves.

/ McCormick W4 won't run
It's not out of the question but other than the build up of carbon on two of them, they are fairly decent. I'm trying to keep the restoration as low cost as I can.

/ McCormick W4 won't run #40  
Soots said:
Dan, is buying new valves out of the question?

They were new only a few hours ago. They were changes before it was parked back in the 70's. Where it hasn't ran since.