64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem

/ 64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem #1  

bealldog

Tractor
63/64 Ford 4000
I have a 64 Ford 4000 that I cant keep running. Seems to foul plugs or flood easily and I cant seem to keep it running. Is there something that i may be doing wrong when using it? I've heard these tractors are a bear to start if you flood one. Can someone give me some ideas. I'd really appreciate it.

/ 64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem #2  
they are a bear to start if they flood, and you don't correct the issue and they continue to flood.. yeah.

first.

remove air cleaner line and turn on gas. gas pour out of carb?

if so.. check float, needle and seat. might be heavy, hung or sticky.. or have trash in the needle.

machies that overfuel gurgle, and stumble.. smoke.. foul plugs and can stall out.

check choke flapper to make sure it is not stuck closed.. or stuck and not returning.

clean those fouled plugs with some spray cleaner like brake or carb cleaner.. then blow out.. fiel or sand, regap.. re clean and blow out and dry... reinstall them.

make sure air cleaner is serviced and pipe / hose is not restricted.

check spark.

weak spark will cause fouling problems.. spark should be snappy and white and jump a full gapped plug.. orange or yellow spark that is weak won't cut it.

post back some details.

/ 64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem
I will try that tonite. Thanks for the help. I will post back details soon

/ 64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem #4  
lemme know what ya find

/ 64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem
It was plugs. Spark was bad. I replaced plugs and it's running great. Thanks for the help

/ 64 Ford 4000 tractor w problem #6  
cool. spark is the first / easiest to chase. I'd rather have spark issues than fuel...