Tractor
    Yanmar 2210D, International C, Allis Chalmers B

Default Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part

Greetings:

My Dad left me a 1948 (I think) IH Farmall C tractor with engine serial # FCM 1637 G and I am seeking help on identifying and sourcing a replacement part (see attached photo if I did upload correctly). I have an operator's manual and shop manual but the part is not displayed in either. The radiator drain pipe cap screws into the part I am seeking. I broke the drain pipe broke off from the part. The part is mounted on the face (front) of the engine and has a rubber hose attached that connects to the radiator. So the part funnels radiator fluid into (I think) the engine water jacket for cooling.

My Dad was a great DYI mechanic because of his being the ĺ*µreatest generation I am just computer savvy and struggling with this repair.

If anyone can ID the part by name and part number and list several sources for purchasing a replacement part it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Ronald
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part-dscn1978.jpg   Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part-dscn1979.jpg  

Tractor
    MASSEY 1020, CASE SC, FARMALL F12 and F20

Default Re: Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part

Welcome to the forum. That is the upper water neck. I would check some salvage yards for the part or ebay.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green

2013 TRACTOR CRUISE VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSNh8qmaus

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey 180 Diesel

That is the lower water inlet elbow. Part # 351962R11. Copy and paste that part number to a Google search, there are more than several salvage yards with it on their parts list.

Also still available through a Case/IH dealer new, for $144.31 ea.

I'd suggest used also, but the new price is something to compare to.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE R View Post
    Welcome to the forum. That is the upper water neck. I would check some salvage yards for the part or ebay.
    Milke - thanx for reply. After much hard work I was able to remove radiator drain pipe debris and retap threads. Found some web sites for aprts too so now evaluating partial versus full carb rebuild kit and whether or not to buy float too. Also looking at crank shaft pulley. Excited about rebuilding tractor and looking foreard to see how it runs especially next summer plowing and discing.

Regards,

Ronald

Tractor

Thanx for reply. After much hard work I was able to remove radiator drain pipe debris and retap the threads. Found some web sites for aprts too so now evaluating partial versus full carb rebuild kit and whether or not to buy float too. Also looking at crank shaft pulley. Excited about rebuilding tractor and looking foreard to see how it runs especially next summer plowing and discing.

Regards,

Ronald

Tractor

Milke - thanx for reply. After much hard work I was able to remove radiator drain pipe debris and retap threads. Found some web sites for aprts too so now evaluating partial versus full carb rebuild kit and whether or not to buy float too. Also looking at crank shaft pulley. Excited about rebuilding tractor and looking foreard to see how it runs especially next summer plowing and discing.

Regards,

Ronald