Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part

/ Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part #1  

rkelner

Tractor
Yanmar 2210D, International C, Allis Chalmers B
Greetings:

My Dad left me a 1948 (I think) IH Farmall C tractor with engine serial # FCM 1637 G and I am seeking help on identifying and sourcing a replacement part (see attached photo if I did upload correctly). I have an operator's manual and shop manual but the part is not displayed in either. The radiator drain pipe cap screws into the part I am seeking. I broke the drain pipe broke off from the part. The part is mounted on the face (front) of the engine and has a rubber hose attached that connects to the radiator. So the part funnels radiator fluid into (I think) the engine water jacket for cooling.

My Dad was a great DYI mechanic because of his being the å*µreatest generation I am just computer savvy and struggling with this repair.

If anyone can ID the part by name and part number and list several sources for purchasing a replacement part it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Ronald

Attachments

• DSCN1978.jpg
    DSCN1978.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN1979.jpg
    DSCN1979.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 268
   / Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part #2  
Welcome to the forum. That is the upper water neck. I would check some salvage yards for the part or ebay.

/ Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part #3  
That is the lower water inlet elbow. Part # 351962R11. Copy and paste that part number to a Google search, there are more than several salvage yards with it on their parts list.

Also still available through a Case/IH dealer new, for $144.31 ea.

I'd suggest used also, but the new price is something to compare to.

/ Seeking Identification of & source for 1948 Farmall C tractor part
Welcome to the forum. That is the upper water neck. I would check some salvage yards for the part or ebay.

Milke - thanx for reply. After much hard work I was able to remove radiator drain pipe debris and retap threads. Found some web sites for aprts too so now evaluating partial versus full carb rebuild kit and whether or not to buy float too. Also looking at crank shaft pulley. Excited about rebuilding tractor and looking foreard to see how it runs especially next summer plowing and discing.

Regards,

Ronald

Thanx for reply. After much hard work I was able to remove radiator drain pipe debris and retap the threads. Found some web sites for aprts too so now evaluating partial versus full carb rebuild kit and whether or not to buy float too. Also looking at crank shaft pulley. Excited about rebuilding tractor and looking foreard to see how it runs especially next summer plowing and discing.

Regards,

Ronald

Milke - thanx for reply. After much hard work I was able to remove radiator drain pipe debris and retap threads. Found some web sites for aprts too so now evaluating partial versus full carb rebuild kit and whether or not to buy float too. Also looking at crank shaft pulley. Excited about rebuilding tractor and looking foreard to see how it runs especially next summer plowing and discing.

Regards,

Ronald