Fixed non starting MF 265 connections and Bush hogged a bit.

/ Fixed non starting MF 265 connections and Bush hogged a bit. #1  

Gale Hawkins

Super Star Member
Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
It was late 2009 the last time I cleaned up the battery cable ends and the battery rack in the nose. Late the location but the 4DLT does add about 100 pounds of weight to the nose. The last few times I had to wiggle cables to get it to start.

One issue was the ends had no gap left so I could not tighten them well so we took the Saws All and opened up the gap two blades width.

We got it to the picnic table last Sunday so we reconditioned it using the Desulf Mode on the Vector automatic charger for three 24 hour cycles while we ran 15 volts at low amps with the old 2/6 amp manual charger while it was on the picnic table. Two cells where lower than the others so we covered some lead connectors that were showing but the other cells were OK since 2009.

We find much less battery cap leakage if we keep them filled with 1/2" gap between the bottom of the fill hole and the acid.

Still have to put the side covers back on but it started fine so I cut some grass that was too talk for the zero turn and when it drives out some next week we will get the lawn mower over the same area.

The battery is going on six years old so I will be happy if we get another three years out of it. We find using that Desulf Mode button helps us milk more life out of old batteries:thumbsup:

/ Fixed non starting MF 265 connections and Bush hogged a bit. #2  
Would you know how to replace a drive belt on your 265? My broke, I have a new belt, deck off and no clue how to replace it to where it needs to go...
Thanks for any help.
Signed stuck.

/ Fixed non starting MF 265 connections and Bush hogged a bit.
darin the model numbers are confusing. Our 265 MF is a very old farm tractor.

I saw something about a 265 JD mower but did not find any manuals or help. What is the make and year of your mower?

Welcome to tractorbuynet. I am sure there are others with the same mower and are willing to help.

We put a new belt on our Swisher and it was slipping. The daughter looked at the manual and it was on the wrong side of one pulley. :)