No timming mark on flywheel 1954 Ford NAA

/ No timming mark on flywheel 1954 Ford NAA #1  

RDKG2

Tractor
54 NAA
Installed new oil pump .. repaired distributor. Cannot find timing marks on flywheel to install distributor at the right crank position tried just do it by #1 piston still no luck...Have gas and spark wont start..even have oil pressure. Where are the timing marks ...worn off??? Any help would be great

/ No timming mark on flywheel 1954 Ford NAA #2  
Put a flash light shining on the hole, wipe off the flywheel that is showing, use a screw driver (or similar) to move the flywheel and keep wiping...they will show up eventually. that's how i found mine.

/ No timming mark on flywheel 1954 Ford NAA
Put a flash light shining on the hole, wipe off the flywheel that is showing, use a screw driver (or similar) to move the flywheel and keep wiping...they will show up eventually. that's how i found mine.

I did that until I rotated the fly wheel 360 . Finely I just dropped in the distributor where I thought it should go, it fired up and I moved the distributor back and forth and gave it gas and at any distributor position and rpm there where no marks on the flywheel with using the timeing light. I did have what looked like a mark made by a scewdriver on the edge of the flywheel and went with that. The tractor is running better then it has in years,now the only thing that is wrong is I must not have tightened up the oil pump bolts enough or needed to use a thread sealent because I have oil dropping from the bolts. I will have to wait until spring at this point to drop the pan and either thighten them up or replace the bolts

/ No timming mark on flywheel 1954 Ford NAA #4  
Glad you have it running good. I just rebuilt a 54 naa and had the same issue. no marks on the fly wheel so i always time by ear when i replace my points.