john Deere 450d crawler/dozer

/ john Deere 450d crawler/dozer #1  

jfd43

Tractor
john derre 4520
I had my John Deere motor rebuilt,injection pump ect. Now i have diesel in my oil.the mechanic stated it had to be the injector pump.is this true?

/ john Deere 450d crawler/dozer #2  
I have a JD 450C. I would suspect the fuel pump before the injection pump. Fuel can leak from the pump seal into the crankcase.

/ john Deere 450d crawler/dozer
Thankyou sir,i will look into that. it's hard to get a good mechanic in rural S.E. Oklahoma.So i'm left fixing my own equipment.

would this also cause the motor to shut its self down? it did'nt lock up,just idled down to a complete stop.Of course the oil cap wasn't on tight and blew motor oil over the top of the engine. I'm thinking an electrical connection got oil on it,and needs to be cleaned off?

/ john Deere 450d crawler/dozer #5  
I am no deisel mechanic but I would say yes. If your lift pump quit or started sucking air. Make sure you get all that deisel out of the crankcase. I had an 87 ford F250 gas job that did that and filled the crankcase with gas but kept running. After I fixed the pump and changed the oil twice I couldn't get any oil pressure. Engine didn't like running in gas instead of oil.

Thankyou Mr. Gould,I'll be doing two oil changes,after replacing the fuel pump seal.